Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Yes, understood it myself and thats why I said: I don't hope you to answer because of too little information and that I may give more info later. Sorry. Could have left that post not posted at all. Just so happy that there is discussion going of ED and Netsurf and you around who know stuff. I will soon reflash my N900 and start from scratch and then install jessie2sulu and netsurf 3.9. Let's see what happens and I will document better the problems.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
@Maemish:
Please try to make your posts more concise! It's very hard to figure out what you're doing, what worked, what didn't work, and why whatever you did, didn't work.

Not according to heise.de:
https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meld...s-4408980.html
interesting....... It does not work in Spain also. But we all know who and why put the pressure on them to make that move.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Fresh install of jessie2sulu. Needed to groupadd crontab to be able to install anything. Gives otherwise statoverride error.

Also gives dbus and x11 errors. x11 needs dbus but dbus it not configured.

libcurl4 needed libidn2-0 to be installed first.

So I reflashed my device today, have been setting it up for many hours, and finally got Netsurf 3.9 installed. Thank you sulu!

But - it didn't help me. I still need to install chromium 57 which does not work well and have a lot of problems. Too bad I don't know how to make it work better and too bad but understandable that you sulu are not interested to check it (if I remember correct I asked and you said it is already outdated and unsecure so no point). Or may I ask: can you try to open with Midori the whatsappweb page. If you can, does it say: browser not supported - as with netsurf?
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
I would be interested to have an office program on ED. Is OpenOffice possible to get and if so how? Would also like to know what are the best benefits and apps you get to your N900 by using Easy Debbie. But thanks again sulu for 3.9. Faster than 3.8 I would say.

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Fresh install of jessie2sulu. Needed to groupadd crontab to be able to install anything. Gives otherwise statoverride error.
Can anyone else confirm this?

Also gives dbus and x11 errors. x11 needs dbus but dbus it not configured.
Can you post the output please:
Code:
# dpkg --configure dbus
libcurl4 needed libidn2-0 to be installed first.
That's quite possible. After all, you're installing a brand new package via dpkg, which has no dependency resolving of its own.

Or may I ask: can you try to open with Midori the whatsappweb page. If you can, does it say: browser not supported - as with netsurf?
I tried opening web.whatsapp.com with Midori 7 in an x86 VM but only got something along the lines of "Oops, something went wrong."
I believe this was a message from Midori/Gtk, rather than from the web page. I've seen similarly "helpful" messages from Gnome/Gtk programs in the past.

I would be interested to have an office program on ED. Is OpenOffice possible to get and if so how?
You should be able to install libreoffice but I believe I found it to be rather slow.
As an alternative you could install abiword (word processor) and gnumeric (spreadsheet), which are much lighter than libreoffice, but their compatibility is limited. I think you have to be careful which file formats to use when exchanging files between abiword/gnumeric and LO back and forth.

Would also like to know what are the best benefits and apps you get to your N900 by using Easy Debbie.
Didn't we have a dedicated thread for that some months ago?
Quite frankly, there's not a lot left in the N900 for me. Its hardware and even more so its software are just too outdated for me to be fun anymore. I'm only still using it because there has never been any other phone that convinced me to switch.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
So here it is.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
It seems I made some blunder with the jessie2armhf image. It's basically unusable. The whole user configuration must be messed up. Seems like nobody else has actually tried it before.
I'll have to look into it further and will probably release a new image after the weekend.

In the meantime, the jessie1armhf image should work fine from a technical POV. It's just more outdated than jessie2armhf.

Thanks for the feedback!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Ok. I have not expected it to work better 'cause just thought that this is the best that can be done. Now I'm excited 'cause it may be that the chromium 57 could then also work better possibly. And thanks for putting time on something you don't need yourself.

Originally Posted by sulu View Post
It seems I made some blunder with the jessie2armhf image. It's basically unusable. The whole user configuration must be messed up. Seems like nobody else has actually tried it before.
I'll have to look into it further and will probably release a new image after the weekend.

In the meantime, the jessie1armhf image should work fine from a technical POV. It's just more outdated than jessie2armhf.

Thanks for the feedback!
Hi sulu,

I haven't had a chance to use my N900 lately, so it has been a while. I was wondering if you have in your archives the debian_jessie0sulu_armhf.img.lzma image, and if you wouldn't mind posting it somewhere or giving it to qole so he can put it in his server. The one he has is corrupted (its size is only 68 bytes.)

Thanks!

malfunctioning

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by malfunctioning View Post
I was wondering if you have in your archives the debian_jessie0sulu_armhf.img.lzma image, and if you wouldn't mind posting it somewhere or giving it to qole so he can put it in his server. The one he has is corrupted (its size is only 68 bytes.)
I still have the jessie0 image, and I also noticed, that qole seems to have the wrong file on his server. Actually it's not corrupted. For whatever reason his lzma file is an md5sum file for his original md5sum file, which of course makes no sense. Then again, his original md5sum differs from the one I get from my actual lzma archive.

I was going to ask qole to take the jessie0 image down altogether, because with newer images of the same release available, the old ones are of no use (except for of course, if the newer ones are corrupted for some reason).
I wanted to do this when uploading a jessie3 image, but I didn't get around to create one last weekend, and I'm not going to be able to do it next weekend.

Is there a reason why you don't want to use the jessie1 image?
Using the jessie0 image wouldn't be a good idea, even if it was intact on qole's server. I created it when Jessie was still testing (although I believe it was already frozen), so there might be incompatibilities with Jessie after the release, that should be possible but might be complicated to resolve.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze