Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by arifkhan123 View Post
thanks bro
There's a "Thanks!" button for that

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
There's a "Thanks!" button for that
thanks added.

The Following User Says Thank You to arifkhan123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Okay, now, just for fun I have made you a special version of ubiboot that has bootup for 2 Nitdroid entries and a Harmattan entry.

Before installing this, fix your system so that your 2 Nitdroid installations are as follows:

Nitdroid alpha 4 is installed in directory /home/nitdroid4
Nitdroid alpha 5 is installed in directory /home/nitdroid5

Then, unpack the file http://www.swagman.org/juice/ubiboot...oubledroid.tar. (md5sum = 1ac546b186a7f6d2bdebd6b950eae5b6)
It contains 2 files, the ubiboot kernel and a tar file containing the configuration, CPIO, kernels and preinits.

1. Copy the file doubledroid.tar to your device, and unpack it (as root) with command "tar -xvf doubledroid.tar -C /".
2. flash the kernel zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_091113 to your device.
3. Enjoy.
Is it possible to install openmode without reflashing the emmc? I want to install nitdroid but I have 5 ish GB of music so I can't repartition it nor do I want to recopy it. Can I just:

flasher -F main.bin and then flash the openmode? Or do I need to do a complete reset for just Nitdroid?

Also,
What is the purpose of having two versions of nitdroid? Isn't alpha 5 much faster than 4 (Although both are sluggish)?

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

Last edited by Shadwblade2652; 2014-03-04 at 02:12. Reason: Added another question

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadwblade2652 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Shadwblade2652 View Post
Is it possible to install openmode without reflashing the emmc? I want to install nitdroid but I have 5 ish GB of music so I can't repartition it nor do I want to recopy it. Can I just:

flasher -F main.bin and then flash the openmode? Or do I need to do a complete reset for just Nitdroid?
You will "automatically" be in Open Mode whenever you install an Open Mode kernel. (so if you ever have loaded a non-Nokia-signed kernel, only for a split second, for example to boot into rescue mode, you already are in Open MOde)

The thing is, there are different kinds of Open Modes
If you enter open mode accidentally/unprepared, there is just a load of problems you might encounter, and you need to apply a number of fixes.
If you do it the recommended way, you just get to the same point but with less tweaking needed.

Also,
What is the purpose of having two versions of nitdroid? Isn't alpha 5 much faster than 4 (Although both are sluggish)?
I have no idea
I just made the double boot for @arifkhan123, just for fun
I have no idea why he needs it really...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
You will "automatically" be in Open Mode whenever you install an Open Mode kernel. (so if you ever have loaded a non-Nokia-signed kernel, only for a split second, for example to boot into rescue mode, you already are in Open MOde)

The thing is, there are different kinds of Open Modes
If you enter open mode accidentally/unprepared, there is just a load of problems you might encounter, and you need to apply a number of fixes.
If you do it the recommended way, you just get to the same point but with less tweaking needed.
How do you recommend I do it without erasing my data/app .debs? I don't want to clear my emmc unless I install sailfish, which won't be happening until it is usable

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

How do you recommend I do it without erasing my data/app .debs? I don't want to clear my emmc unless I install sailfish, which won't be happening until it is usable
So you are sure you are in Closed mode, right?
  • 1.) The first thing to do, when still in Closed Mode, is to remove the "big scary warning" (the operation has to be done before entering Open Mode, as otherwice you cannot do it any more as Open Mode locks your CAL partition).
    Also remember to save your certificates (located under /etc/ssl/certs/) as those will be erased when you change mode.
  • 2.) the second thing to do is to flash an Open Mode kernel, preferably one that has Aegis functionality stubbed out for root. (for example my L2-fixed kernel, or the e-yes Nitdroid kernel, or whatever...)
  • 3.) After you boot with that, you need to clear out your aegis directories under your home dir (otherwice your device will keep nagging about your passwords every time after you boot it)
  • 4.) You might also want to add other fixes, for example my libapplauncherd.so fix which prevents your device to close open applications when you install new apps.
I might have forgotten something but that's about the most of it. Even after all this, you might still experience some funny business with your device (as some people do...) due to the fact that there might be some state in your devices Aegis that's not gone through the Open Mode change fully. On the other hand many people do not see anything like that. Your mileage may vary

Also,

I have no idea
I just made the double boot for @arifkhan123, just for fun
I have no idea why he needs it really...
bcoz headphones are not supported in alpha5 but it is better in performance then alpha4. alpha4 for music and alpha5 for apps, games etc

The Following User Says Thank You to arifkhan123 For This Useful Post:
BTW how do you like my Nitdroid icons?
As I said, it was (almost) more difficult to make nice icons for it than making the modification to boot 2 different Nitdroid versions

BTW how do you like my Nitdroid icons?
As I said, it was (almost) more difficult to make nice icons for it than making the modification to boot 2 different Nitdroid versions
i tried this but ............
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arifkhan123 View Post
i tried this but ............
Okay, you want the other OS'es too, then not just like I made it: