thanks, that did the trick. Had used another pc to flash before so this had no drivers, forgot completely.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi.
Whenever I want to charge the phone while it is off, I execute '/sbin/init 5' as root. The device then shuts itself off and keeps charging.
Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pasko View Post
Hi.
Whenever I want to charge the phone while it is off, I execute '/sbin/init 5' as root. The device then shuts itself off and keeps charging.
Regards.
BTW, why not just plug in the charger and then turn the device off. It continues to charge (at least in my case) w/o waking up the device.

That brings up a question I always had: is there a USB mode that can be set (via Coderus enhanced status bar) such that when plugging a charger to an OFF device it does not wake up but continues to remain OFF while charging?

(Please forgive this slight off topic )

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by lfc22 View Post
That brings up a question I always had: is there a USB mode that can be set (via Coderus enhanced status bar) such that when plugging a charger to an OFF device it does not wake up but continues to remain OFF while charging?
That's the default mode. When the device is OFF and you plug it to a charger it will boot up to ACT_DEAD mode which means there is no UI, just the charging indicaor. When the charger is removed, the device powers OFF again.

Actually to get the device to begave differently, to wake up when plugged to charger requires extra tweak to init.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by jakqa View Post
hey guys i have problem with flashing i trying every version of software with polish lang, with every in cmd I see:
ERROR: SU_GET_UPDATE_REQ terminated with error code 10: Security Problem
[f] cert-sw
.bla
.bla
.bla
Fetching error list:
==================================
bb5_rdc_cert_read_failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read_failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read_failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read_failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read_failed
"Downgrade disallowed <1341300462>"
[Pipe 0] Finishing in error state with status 10

somebody would to help me?
you tried to flash with an incompatible firmware variant. make sure you check the phone's variant before update/reinstall.

the last three marked number is the variant number. you can flash your phone with firmwares which has same or higher variant number. what is the variant of your phone?

The Following User Says Thank You to ViBE For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That's the default mode. When the device is OFF and you plug it to a charger it will boot up to ACT_DEAD mode which means there is no UI, just the charging indicaor. When the charger is removed, the device powers OFF again.

Actually to get the device to begave differently, to wake up when plugged to charger requires extra tweak to init.
That's interesting. I have two devices and neither one behaves that way. Both wake up when first plugged in. I do have several changes installed in those devices like Coderus Aegis hack, unrestricted UI &amp; power menu, so not sure if those are responsible. Is there a way to put the device in a persistent ACT_DEAD mode as you mentioned above?

[EDIT] Actually found this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83486

Last edited by lfc22; 2015-03-06 at 04:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to lfc22 For This Useful Post:

mine phone switches on when I try to charge it while off. could you tell me how can I figure out the reason?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by ViBE View Post
mine phone switches on when I try to charge it while off. could you tell me how can I figure out the reason?
Probably due to some tweak you have installed.

Probably due to some tweak you have installed.
developer mode enabled and developer utilities are installed. I also have some tweaks. may some of these related? Aegis + Inception, Status Menu, FasterN9, Homescreen Settings, N9 QTweak.

NaviFirmEx is out of date and cannot find a bunch of the packages/files. are there any alternatives on Linux?

Tags
flashing, nokia n9