Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Hmm, I wonder how is that possible, given that alarm UI is single-threaded. Would you try to re-produce the same with replacement?
I just installed the replacement on my spare N900 and everything looks OK. I set-up two alarms. The first one I snoozed (and it came up again correctly after 10min). For the second one I tried to quickly close it when starting, but the sound/vibration was already there (I think even before the GUI appeared..

So for my purposes I will add my "bug" to the collection of, let's say, oddities, that the N900/Maemo has, for which we all love it so much

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Package moved to CSSU-devel, major refactoring has been done since the last update, I hope I didn't break something.

Anyway, please install the version in CSSU-devel and report.

Thanks.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
At least it woke me up at 6 today.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Yes, me too. BUT also the standard alarm UI woke me up (more than less) reliable the last days.
Again: the last time I suffered from not alarming, my hildon-home was "hanging".
Not to be pessimistic, but I fear, that all "is working" notes here are nice, but we need to wait for the bad "not alarming" message . Or wait a few days/weeks more

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Yes, me too. BUT also the standard alarm UI woke me up (more than less) reliable the last days.
Again: the last time I suffered from not alarming, my hildon-home was "hanging".
Not to be pessimistic, but I fear, that all "is working" notes here are nice, but we need to wait for the bad "not alarming" message . Or wait a few days/weeks more
Your "h-h hang" is a bit different to the main reason I started RE of alarmUI - everything is responsible and works, but alarms just don't ring.

Otherwise I agree that alarmUI should be tested thoroughly, I don't want someone to be fired because he/she overslept

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Updated yesterday, and everything is completely fine
thank you FMG.

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Question: does anyone else observe that after a reboot, the trigger time of the next alarm in queue is not displayed anymore in status area? (Disclaimer: i use this)

Your "h-h hang" is a bit different to the main reason I started RE of alarmUI - everything is responsible and works, but alarms just don't ring.
IIRC also in my case everything was working fine, except the ringing.
But if not, then I was asleep and cannot remember
No serious, this h-h-hanging is just like you do not notice until you missed a (not notified) SMS or a (not shown) notification for a missed call or you want to run/update a widget on desktop.
Everything else runs fine, switching desktops works, standard contacts and bookmarks on desktop work.
So I thought this would/could be the same cause?
(as the alarm UI is not able to popup, so no ringing)

Otherwise I agree that alarmUI should be tested thoroughly, I don't want someone to be fired because he/she overslept
Yeah, thanks

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

OK, here I am (the guy with bad news ) .

This morning my alarm UI did not ring.
I had a (forgotten) alarm at 0600 coming from calendar. This one rang and woke me up, so I pushed the stop button. Then I had two alarms from clock (0715 and 0730). As I was already awake I checked my N900 from time to time and yes the 0715 alarm popped onto the screen, but it did NOT ring. So I pushed Snooze. Then the 0730 popped up and did not ring either. I pushed Stop. Abit later the 0715 popped up agaian (no ringing), and again snoozed it. Then I checked hildon-home and it was "frozen". No widgtes updated, no email notification working. So I killed hildon-home. A bit later the snoozed 0715 alarm came up again and guess what? It rang!
So my assumption that hildon-home is somehow in the game is correct. @freemangordon, please tell me if I can provide you some logs or other info ...

And maybe I did not install it correctly: I just extracted the deb and put the library in their directory. I did not reboot (nor killed hildon-home), so maybe the old library was still loaded?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@perleinchen,

Don't forget to reboot after installing it
But anyway, that's a typical recommendation which may or may not be necessary (perhaps freemangordon can explain that one).

In any case, your hildon-home-freezing problem sounds quite bad (are you the only one here suffering from it, or do the others suffer in silence?

I have never, or extremely rarely, had any problems with hildon-desktop or hildon-home. My uptime usually reaches 30+ days before I power off for one reason or another.

I don't know how "open" or how "hackable" hildon-home is but it may be about time to start debugging that mess.

Can you install syslog and check the next time it happens in case there's some indication in the log of what the problem might be?

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:

Tags
alarm clock, nokia n9