Notices

I can't open healthcheck application on my n900.It stucks when loading cpu section then it go back to desktop..I try running the apps through python /opt/healthcheck/healthcheck.py then it shows me this error :

dpkg-query: parse error, in file ' /var/lib/dpkg/available' near line 24173 package 'webauth' :
EOF during value of field 'Installed-Size' (missing final newline)

i try apt-get remove healthcheck then it shows this error..same goes to apt-get install healthcheck :

dpkg-query: parse error, in file ' /var/lib/dpkg/available' near line 24173 package 'webauth' :
EOF during value of field 'Installed-Size' (missing final newline)
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

can someone help me to solve this problem?your help would be much appreciated..thanks a lot.

update:i have tried installing and uninstalling other apps..it shows the same error..i can't install any apps now on my n900..please somebody help me..

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
As root, run "dpkg --clear-avail" and then "apt-get update". That'll remove the old, corrupt file and build a new, working one.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
thanks a lot..problem solved now.

The Following User Says Thank You to metalfreakz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Thanks Rob1n!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -