Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
So my 16GB baby blue N9 is on its way to my US shipping address, for only $544. My parents will pick it up for me and pay the taxes at the border.

Not bad! Thanks all!

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Halifax
That is amazing qole I'm thinking of getting a cyan one to replace my current black one especially for that price (btw where did you get it from). My impulsiveness made me jump the gun and paid almost $900 after taxes and express shipping. I don't regret it though its been 3 weeks and i'm still in love, only getting better everyday

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I bought it at Negri with the retailmenot.com discount. Free shipping within the US.

EDIT: I realized that the price is getting dangerously low. When the price of a Nokia phone drops that much, it usually means that the phone will disappear from stores entirely in very short order.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I've been quiet for a while - basically exhausted all of my connections. But what's odd, nobody has a lot of stock they're really willing to get rid of.

I've been running around, trying to get more, but I'm running into the same brick walls as before, despite being somewhat successful in the past.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
This SHOULD have been the sweet spot for the HEIGHT of the N9's availability, by now. This is shameful. The whole PAST YEAR has been an avalanche of profound shame in a series of increasingly shame-filled years for Nokia. Between their world-class customer UNCARE, their bottom-of-the-barrel mentality regarding warranties (they try to get away with the bare-minimum, worst warranties they can legally get away with in whatever part of the world you live in), back-stabbing their partners (i.e. Intel), developers and customers, and the incredible decision to go with the worst, least-wanted operating system in the industry... which has thusly led to the recent lackluster reception to the latest Nokia devices. It's just amazing that Nokia hasn't ALREADY disappeared off the face of the Earth. It'll happen sooner than later, still, but the fact that the N9 COULD have been the identity for Nokia's handset phones brand was pissed away and the unavailability at this point in time during the holidays speaks volumes about their priorities and intelligence.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
For contrast, my brother and I went into the local Verizon resaler and bought the last two Galaxy Nexus phones they had.. and they had a box sitting there that JUST arrived from the post delivery before we walked in with ANOTHER bunch of them to sell. Now THAT'S availability. What the hell is wrong with Nokia??
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

I still can't find the white N9 outside of Finland. :-( Is it basically impossible to get? If so I'll get the black one... I just want to know either way....

Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
I still can't find the white N9 outside of Finland. :-( Is it basically impossible to get? If so I'll get the black one... I just want to know either way....
I saw white N9s on sale in the Nokia store in ZhongGuanCun in Beijing. They seemed to be the only 64GB ones, the other colours (magenta/cyan) there were only 16GB.

Tags
depression, nokia n9, purchase, the elop flop