guys.... i managed to get the pacher open... its like a cmd.. i typed the adress of the patching file and also put my n900 in the flashing screen.. and on top right corner the usb thing comes.. but i still dont know what they mean by holding the u key? is it the key on the kewboard of the n900? well...even tried that and when i press eneter in the cmd..it opens a tiny window and closes the same second...seriously..wat is going on????

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Why on earth would the phone accept a 4-digit lock code if it requires 5-digits in a valid lock code?

Something about that seems very odd to me.. is this a known bug? Because it should be given how much trouble this can clearly cause.

Zikmir -- I can't help you with flashing the phone, but I strongly recommend you get in touch with Nokia before you go that route

man... all i need to know is why on earth is the flasher-3.5 keeps closing down as i run it......

i cant believe nokia just sold me a piece of hardware with no good mature operating system...seriously....SCREW YOU NOKIA.. i bet the nokia service center will rip my wallet tommorow.

done it.. re-flashed it... after taking my dads help..since im not good at using dos.... HONESTLY GUYS.. DONT ****ING MESS WITH THIS ****ING AUTO-LOCK SYSTEM,.....WILL RAPE YOUR WHOLE DAY AND GIVE U A MINI HEART ATTACK...SERIOUSLYYY....DONT MESS WITH IT... THE MAEMO 5 IS NOT GOOD AT LOCKING....THANKSSS TO MY DAD FOR HELPING ME........

AND IF THERE IS ANY POOR GUY OUT WITH THE SAME PROBLEM..TELL ME OR TALK TO MY DAD...WILL HELP YOU FLASH UR PHONE JUST TO THE FACTORY SETTING... NO PASSWORD ANY MORE...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zikmir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
Brilliant PEBKAC and yet another one blaming Nokia...

The code is still there after a reflash. And yeah if you don't remember what code you set then maybe you sohuld avoid it.
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruskie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jsomby View Post
Only Nokia Service can help you out of that problem, but please try to remember the code and like rash.m2k said, it is five (5) numbers minimum.
Hi, please I tried using my phone lock today and put in the default 12345 code but it keeps saying incorrect code.
Please is there anyway that I can find the right code through X-Terminal?

Thanks

just re-flash it.. u will be abkle to get in ur phone. its a reported bug that there is a problem with the device lock-code.

Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
Brilliant PEBKAC and yet another one blaming Nokia...

The code is still there after a reflash. And yeah if you don't remember what code you set then maybe you sohuld avoid it.
My thoughts to a tee. But hey, what do I know? (besides my lock code)

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hull, UK
Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
guys.... i managed to get the pacher open... its like a cmd.. i typed the adress of the patching file and also put my n900 in the flashing screen.. and on top right corner the usb thing comes.. but i still dont know what they mean by holding the u key? is it the key on the kewboard of the n900? well...even tried that and when i press eneter in the cmd..it opens a tiny window and closes the same second...seriously..wat is going on????
Turn your phone off, then hold down the u key on the N900 keyboard whilst inserting the USB cable until it buzzes and you see the USB icon in top right of screen!

Also, the command is cmd.exe, although cmd should work? Find command prompt in your start menu if not (accessories). Also, the program just flashes up and closes if you don't have administrator priveleges for the program, so right click and run as administrator (in Windows Vista/7 anyway)

Last edited by gawbul; 2010-04-01 at 23:13. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to gawbul For This Useful Post: