Has anyone been able to get epocrates to work with garnet vm 3?

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Yeah, works great.

Unzip this file
Transfer it to your memory card
Start Garnet VM
Install the setup.prc file
Run Epocrates setup
Wait 30 minutes for it to sync and download
Profit!

Setup.zip

Finally!
Thank you so much

Oops misfire to the wrong thread...

Hello Nola Mike, Addison, and All -- help?

Mike.. I'm new to this forum and feeling clumsy. I tried to do a "Thanks" to you and when I clicked on it, it disappeared?

At anyrate...you wrote:

>>i'd love to know which files are truly essential to make this process easier in the future. ... (i'm guessing strings-nc-2.pdb, since that's the largest file)<<

More on your quote in a sec...

I'm trying to help my doc who uses ePocrates. He would like to move on, possibly to another platform (currently in Palm Tungsten E2). He has years of important notes in his ePocrates on the Palm. He would like to go to the iPhone, but I have found out that you cannot move Palm notes to the iPhone -- or so that is what the ePocrates people say. I can hardly believe this -- how awful to not have a swift solution to move notes to any platform

At anyrate, I am trying to think of something, anything to preserve docs notes, getting them into a) a readable format (in the event he has no more Palm) and/or b) so that he might later be able to move them into ePocrates on an iPhone or otherwise someday. At the very least, it would be nice for him to have a text file of his notes backed up, if nothing else.

According to ePocrates, evidently a move from Palm to Palm works in preserving the notes one has kept. But?

I saw this forum and Mike's answer/question when searching for help for the problem. Mike has probably already found the answer to his question by now (nothing like trial and error if you have the time, eh?) In the meanwhile, I found something from ePocrates that may or may not interest everyone. The ePocrates "notes" are evidently in varying backup files on a Palm.

>>
Question
How do I back up notes I added to my Epocrates references?

Answer
Depending on which Epocrates application you have installed, your notes may be located in different places on your computer. ...
<<

Mike/Addison, when you got ePocrates working on your Nokias, did your notes come with it? Or were you able to bring them in?

I'm wondering if PDB files can be converted into a "readable" format, or a transportable format (to another device?) I saw some PDB converters, but experimentation with the 'odd' PDB didn't do much -- then again I'm not real high tech with the nuances. I haven't gotten my hands on any of the possible ePocrates notes files to play with those for conversion.

Is there anyway that anyone has some thoughts or time that could help me to come up with an idea to get those ePocrates notes out of a Palm backup and into something readable (text)? Or transportable, maybe to iPhone or another platform someday? I know this isn't a Nokia question, but umm...could a solution help Nokia users too?

Thanks a ton for reading and for any time you can give in thinking about this. At this point, it is like "Okay, the iPhone looked interesting but losing years of ePocrates notes doesn't." What is the solution to having your cake and eat it too?

Tink

Last edited by TinkLong; 2009-04-05 at 00:11.