Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
Ok so the setting I am talking about is "Screen Calibration" under settings. For some reason I decided to play with it when I never really had to. Now I can't seem to get it back to the factory way as close as possible. I even tried doing "Restore Original Settings" but it doesn't reset the screen calibration to the way it came from the factory. Since it's not easily recognizing my finger touches it's really starting to frustrate me!

I play with my wife's N900 and hers is perfect and I warned her to not play with the screen calibration. Anyone know how I can get it back to factory setting? Not the entire phone, just the screen calibration.

Thanks!

nope but thats exactly why I didn't do it. Guess you have to wait for an answer but thanks for the warning to the rest of us.

its working even better, remember use stylus on the first one.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
I still do not understand what your problem is. You cant get the calibration screen back on?

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Did you try reflashing the phone, I think that should get rid af ANY setting you might have messed with. I will add that I did recalibrate the screen and it works better that before IMO. Is it that now your presses are not accurate?

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
I still do not understand what your problem is. You cant get the calibration screen back on?
After he calibrated the screen, it's not as precise as it was with factory settings in other words, maybe when he presses one button, it instead thinks you pressed the button just below.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Hardenberg
Use your stylus!

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
maybe he didn't find the stylus in the phone yet my GF found the stylus on my phone before i even knew one was hidden in it..

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York
i used the cali and my phone is good?

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
After he calibrated the screen, it's not as precise as it was with factory settings in other words, maybe when he presses one button, it instead thinks you pressed the button just below.
mthmob has it exactly right! It's not as accurate anymore and I keep trying to re-calibrate it to get it as close as possible to the way it was when it came from factory. I think I tried with the stylus but didn't like the results. I'll try again.

Thanks for all the input everyone!