Active Topics

 



Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
#1


This is a little app I've been working on over the past few months on and off. Currently its' most notable features are NMEA data streaming over network, bluetooth or as a USB serial device.

More screen shots at: http://stage.rubyx.co.uk/columbus/index.html

It's available in extras-devel now, stay tuned for updates and let me know what you want feature wise or bugs you find here.

(Enjoy! MERRY CHRISTMAS)
 

The Following 113 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
1ion, aenbacka, AlMehdi, anapospastos, Aonsaithya, ArnimS, Aydan, bandora, bigears5000, bingbings, bobh, br1zer, Bundyo, casketizer, casper27, chemist, Chrome, clasificado, codeMonkey, D4rKlar, dashti, datjomp, Deafboy, elie-7, Erazor, erionzani, Estel, et3rnal, etonline, evan, extechop, fnordianslip, FRuMMaGe, fuzenify, GeneralAntilles, gs1, handaxe, Helmuth, Honza., int_ua, ioan, ivyking, javispedro, jflatt, jstokes, kamil365, Kee, king Ralphred, klen, leetut, littlebadger, lolloo, MaddogG, Marklar, mbo, mdl, Mentalist Traceur, mikec, mivoligo, mlwane, moepda, MohammadAG, mpi, mssusa, mveplus, Natan_xy, Netweaver, Nikem, No!No!No!Yes!, osama, panjgoori, Parlapipas, pepax, peppe78, peter2p, Petteri, petur, phap, Pillum, qole, reinob, rlinfati, rotoflex, saadgadit, scavenger, shaihkritzer, shazosbourne, shyampagne, Silvarum, sjgadsby, slender, sony123, spag, SSLMM, stone17, Stonik, Straycat, Switch_, SwollyBoy, telecomgeek79, Termana, travik, treofant, try-alls, tusharmax, udaychaitanya16, ukki, uppercase, Venemo, Wikiwide, wmarone, zoner
FRuMMaGe's Avatar
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
#2
Very nice looking application. How stable is the current version?
__________________
OMNOM: Pacman-like game now in extras-devel

fAircrack (Aircrack GUI): Point-and-click pwnage for your N900
Now with John the Ripper integration
 

The Following User Says Thank You to FRuMMaGe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
#3
Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe View Post
Very nice looking application. How stable is the current version?
It's pretty stable, it's quite nice on power as well. So if you lock the screen it'll log/stream data quite nicely and not effect your battery too bad.
 
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Jun 2010
#4
Looks nice, atleast a program with nice ui
 

The Following User Says Thank You to shnigi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Oct 2009
#5
hi, cool app IŽll give it a try. thanx for your work.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to treofant For This Useful Post:
FRuMMaGe's Avatar
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
#6
Sorry for the ignorance, but what would I actually use this for? I've never really used the GPS before.

If you were explaining the use for it to someone who has not used gps, how would you describe it?
__________________
OMNOM: Pacman-like game now in extras-devel

fAircrack (Aircrack GUI): Point-and-click pwnage for your N900
Now with John the Ripper integration
 

The Following User Says Thank You to FRuMMaGe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
#7
Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe View Post
Sorry for the ignorance, but what would I actually use this for? I've never really used the GPS before.

If you were explaining the use for it to someone who has not used gps, how would you describe it?
Well, it allows you to use your N900 as a Bluetooth or a USB GPS dongle. It also allows you to log your journeys. It will soon have waypoints, so you can save locations like bookmarks and make it easy to navigate back to them. It has and will have better support for trip statistics, averages etc. good if you like cycling, walking or other sports where it may be interesting to find out stats.
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
elie-7's Avatar
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
#8
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post


This is a little app I've been working on over the past few months on and off. Currently its' most notable features are NMEA data streaming over network, bluetooth or as a USB serial device.

More screen shots at: http://stage.rubyx.co.uk/columbus/index.html

It's available in extras-devel now, stay tuned for updates and let me know what you want feature wise or bugs you find here.

(Enjoy! MERRY CHRISTMAS)
wow thats nice, i like it, i think it only needs maps .
nice job man .
__________________
rolling down the street, smoking ENDO, sipping on gin and juice
laid back, with my mind on my money and my money on my mind .
 

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 564 | Thanked: 693 times | Joined on Apr 2010
#9
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
wow thats nice, i like it, i think it only needs maps .
nice job man .
I think that this app definitely has the potential for nautical navigation use (with sea charts / waypoints etc. support). Very nice work!
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
#10
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I think that this app definitely has the potential for nautical navigation use (with sea charts / waypoints etc. support). Very nice work!
That's what I'm aiming at, it already has a Nautical units mode in the options menu
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
navigation, nokia n900

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:20.