Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
3. Same build as never released "tablet of the year 2015"
"Never released" cannot be quite right if I own 2 of them...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
At a minimum, Jolla should dedicate a post to this on their blog.
That they don't mention it at all (blog, press release) is incredible. Yes, it's not a Jolla product, but the Sony Xperia isn't either. If it runs an officially licensed SailfishOS, they should promote it like crazy. (What else do they have to talk about right now?)

I'll never understand how those people keep failing in communications after all those years of trying.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post
I also think this would be the best action but the only thing jolla and its employees do is saying "this is not #jollaTablet" on twitter. I'm even skeptical about updates to include improvements for the tablet. Somehow jolla should take more responsibility for this project. Would they care if we were to mention such request (advertising using blog post etc.) on the next collaboration meeting?
Given this is not jolla tablet, and this is actually licensing jolla code;
what is the open source policy going to be? Chen will you publish the kernel? EDIT : this would be a great example on how to port (tho on top of Intel hw, but still)

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I'll never understand how those people keep failing in communications after all those years of trying.
On the other hand, the (true) jolla tabled re-funding operations are still ongoing; this is their dirtiest laundry up to nowadays; you would not flap it around like clean, as it might turn against you...

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2017-08-15 at 13:32.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
That they don't mention it at all (blog, press release) is incredible. Yes, it's not a Jolla product, but the Sony Xperia isn't either. If it runs an officially licensed SailfishOS, they should promote it like crazy. (What else do they have to talk about right now?)

Jolla Tablet is dark part of the Jolla's history. They don't promote it because every word about Jolla Tablet will pull the word "Disaster" afterwards. So they better don't mention it at all...

Updates should go without problems as long, as Jolla will support the Original Jolla Tablet. Even Aigo X86 (which have no Jolla Licence) get all the same updates, which Jolla Tablet get.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
If the Chen and Co have paid licenses for the Youyota, seems like Jolla should support it in every way they can. A blog post costs nothing, and only helps the Jolla brand IMHO.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
1. Only available sfos device in EU. (even only available linux tablet??)
Also, only available sfos device in America. And only SFOS device that has ever been available in America.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Also, only available sfos device in America. And only SFOS device that has ever been available in America.
Exactly this... now is the time to do some marketing. Jolla should assist any any small ways but the time to hit American and other markets should become a priority.

Word of mouth has only spread to fellow geeks.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Nothing is going to happen if we do not do it imho.
Dave has a point, but before doing the wetwork i personally would like to know what to communicate.

Media outlets are lazy but cautious these days and pulled the tl;dr card when only supplied with links to the successfull campaign.

We could help with answers to two things in a short wrapup.
Why is this community so exited about youyota in few key points.
What could be the benefit for whom and why should others care.

After i come back from 2 weeks holiday starting tomorrow, i offer to compile a wrapup from all your collected ideas, post it for correction and then send out emails again.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Nothing is going to happen if we do not do it imho.
Dave has a point, but before doing the wetwork i personally would like to know what to communicate.

Media outlets are lazy but cautious these days and pulled the tl;dr card when only supplied with links to the successfull campaign.

We could help with answers to two things in a short wrapup.
Why is this community so exited about youyota in few key points.
What could be the benefit for whom and why should others care.

After i come back from 2 weeks holiday starting tomorrow, i offer to compile a wrapup from all your collected ideas, post it for correction and then send out emails again.
Thanks for that! Greatly appreciated! (And hope for a great holiday)

holiday
Haven't had one for ages, always have the next product that needs to deliver ASAP... And running short of time...

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2017-08-15 at 20:22.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Components settled. Shipping date of current IGG orders is set on 28th Sep. (May vary for a few days in/out.) We will also do the certificates in between.

The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os