Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Of course.

It's a bit of a hack though. To get the full WinMo experience, you'll need to take out your battery momentarily and (carefully!) apply 240 volts AC directly to the Itablet's battery contacts.

Don't worry about the smoke, that's just something Nokia put in there to discourage users from upgrading their Itablets to WinMo.

Wiat five seconds, or until your home's circuit breakers pop and voilą! You now have an Itablet that is running WinMoEmu! It's eerie how it completely mimicks a native Windows Mobile installation. You could replace your battery, but one of the emulator's features is that it no longer requires a battery to function.
____

DISCLAIMER: I am not a certified Nokia mechanic, nor can I be held responsible for any damage you might inflict on your Nokia Internet Tablet by following my instructions. In short: If it doesn't work, it' always your own fault, never mine.
sounds like you finally performed a successful Windows Mobile installation

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to overfloat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by overfloat View Post
sounds like you finally performed a successful Windows Mobile installation
Some people just have too perfect a memory for their own good.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Oh come on, Karel, how could we forget? That WinMo install post was the Best. Post. Evar.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
In truth? I'd eat my Itablet before attempting to install wince on it, even if it were possible (although I have to admit that munching down on it before trying my own hack might not exactly be the smarted course of action).

Just an update: In view of what I actually still use my N800 for (ebook reading and nothing else basically) I've now decided to mothball the b0rked N800 completely and go back to my trusted 770. It's smaller, less bulky and much better protected than the N800.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Well, send it in for repairs before mothballing it...

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Well, send it in for repairs before mothballing it...
I'll probably do that. The problem is that I see no future use for my N800. OTOH, I can see me using my 770 (as an ebook reader) for quite a long time...

I'll probably do that. The problem is that I see no future use for my N800. OTOH, I can see me using my 770 (as an ebook reader) for quite a long time...
You could try selling it, I suppose. Or keep it around until the 770 dies. (If you don't anticipate carrying the Pandora everywhere you want an ebook by then.) Or put it in a ziplock bag (with a power cable heat-sealed in through the side) as a shower radio. The possibilities are endless, but do asymptotically approach complete weirdness.

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
You could try selling it, I suppose. Or keep it around until the 770 dies. (If you don't anticipate carrying the Pandora everywhere you want an ebook by then.) Or put it in a ziplock bag (with a power cable heat-sealed in through the side) as a shower radio. The possibilities are endless, but do asymptotically approach complete weirdness.
As a general rule, I never sell any of my old gadgets. They end up in storage, awaiting the construction of a display case, a tribute to my follies, so to speak.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Somewhere, most of the time.
As a general rule, I never sell any of my old gadgets. They end up in storage, awaiting the construction of a display case, a tribute to my follies, so to speak.

If you want I would be glad to take a look at it and see if the fuse is actually the problem or not. Or if you know someone that does electronic repair I can post where the fuse is and have them check it with a Multimeter to see if that is the problem or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to dan67sf For This Useful Post: