Ever since I re-flashed my Nokia 770, my installed applications list never updates. Any ideas?

Someone?

Anyone?

Please?!?!

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
For example, I would like to help you, but.......where do I begin?

What OS you are running and, boot from flash, boot from MMC? What was the error message? Is that any other problem other than cannot update?.....

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Somewhere, most of the time.
If you are more specific with your problem it will help us to answer the question correctly. Below are few question which if answered may help out.

When did you reflash your 770
How did you flash your 770
What image did you flash your 770 with
How many repositories are listed
Which repositories are listed
Was there a program that you installed and then it stopped
How are you connecting to the internet
are you beind a proxy
What does the log file say
Is there any error that comes up
Are there any other programs running
etc...............

I'm running the newest firmware on my N800 and I always get that message too, something like "Can not refresh database, last known database used" when trying to check for updates using the Application Catalog even though it appears to download updates. Whenever I am expecting an update (for example, the frequent Kagu updates), it shows up even though I still get that error message.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Somewhere, most of the time.
Check the Application Manager logfile. It should give some information that will probably tell you what repository it cannot download, then just remove that repository. If the logfile says something else let us know what that something is.

At least on the 770, I'd check 2 things.
1: Manually connect to the internet first. My app manager doesn't auto connect.
2: Try disabling the repositories one at a time. (Not remove, but disable!!)

Other than that, what is the exact error message?

desiv

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
My point is....there is an overwhelming of people willing to help, if OP able to formula a situation that allows diagnosis and resolution, I know, it sounds like a catch 22.

This forum is a really really warm community. Thanks everybody,

bun

I have exactly the same problem, been trying to fix it for ages. Never knew there was an application manager logfile. Anyone know where it is? It doesn't seem to be in the obvious place (i.e. /var/log)

Run the Application manager then tap on the Menu, the triangle in the upper left corner, go to "Tools" then "Log...." and a window should come up with information. You can also save this to a file. Ther are quite a few other options also within the Application Manager Menu.