http://europe.nokia.com/link?cid=PLAIN_TEXT_80293

OS 2007 edition v. 4.2007.38-2 includes:

Fix to avoid SDHC memory card data corruption

This new release provides a software fix for a bug which may have appeared while copying large amount of data over-the-air or from external SDHC memory card to internal memory or vice versa. In some cases the downloaded data may have been corrupted.

There are no other changes to previous release v. 4.2007.26-8 that included Skype client support, Adobe® Flash® 9 browser plug-in an up to 8 GB memory card support among other improvements.
I guess it will take a while to hit 2007HE, but at least it's on the way now. I've had the memory card screwed up a few times by this bug.

I hope this fixes it!!

another linky
http://maemo.org/news/announcements/...191328183.html

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Works fine to me, based on few days experience.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
I never upgraded to the Firmware-From-Hell, so will this update (if I decide to apply it, that is) bring my N800 up to date, or do I need to install the Garbage Firmware first?

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
I never upgraded to the Firmware-From-Hell, so will this update (if I decide to apply it, that is) bring my N800 up to date, or do I need to install the Garbage Firmware first?
It is the complete firmware image. If you flash the N800 firmware using the "official" method you'll be up to a newest OS. (And, of course you need to reinstall all your apps... Making backup and restoring after flash would help to restore most system and application specific settings.)

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
is the flasher "--flash-only kernel" option supposed to work? (not that I tried and it didn't work, just wanted to make sure before I try)

Edit: don't bother replying, I just saw this post http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...9&postcount=61

Last edited by luca; 2007-10-02 at 14:14.

It is ludicrous that you have to flash new firmware and lose all your programs, to fix this bug....especially for such a minor update with only one fix. Come on Nokia, release a small update that can be downloaded from the applications list.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Nokia already knows and that functionality is supposed to be a part of Chinook. After that, all updates will be done through application manager.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
It is the complete firmware image. If you flash the N800 firmware using the "official" method you'll be up to a newest OS. (And, of course you need to reinstall all your apps... Making backup and restoring after flash would help to restore most system and application specific settings.)
Thanks. I think I'll wait a couple of weeks anyway; it sure was the right way to go with the previous firmware.

And as to backup: Won't be of much help to me; I've got too many applications installed without Application Manager (which sucks anyway).

I really, really hope this is the last time we have to go through this hassle just to update the O/S. I'm so fed up with it, sometimes even the iPhone (<spit!>) starts looking good.

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Nokia already knows and that functionality is supposed to be a part of Chinook. After that, all updates will be done through application manager.
That doesn't sound reassuring.