Active Topics

Notices

Hi all! A couple of friends and myself started this Garage Project to make a Doom3™ themed skin for the Nokia 770/N800. The bes part is, it's almost done!
I'm just hoping that I can skin the application menus.
Enjoy the early screenshots!

Screenshots (Alpha)

Post opinions! Also if you know something about skining and coloring the Menus, please contact me, or post here!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SebaSOFT For This Useful Post:
very nice, just try to do the menus, etc.... as sleek as you can

VAMO´ LOS PUMAS!!!!

I'd like to be able to make them black with the greenish font at least

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Really Really cool stuff.. Do you guys use theme maker? The blue alien head looks better, but I think the head is the worst part of the theme at the moment. Maybe something more technological for that icon.

Actually if you played Doom3 you will see this icon everywhere. The Martian Buddy. It's part of a ficticious advertising campaign and spam mails that the Doom Marines get in their PDA's. The Color is for when you have mail, obviously.

P.S.: Yes we use Theme Maker

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Colorado Springs
Originally Posted by SebaSOFT View Post
Actually if you played Doom3 you will see this icon everywhere. The Martian Buddy. It's part of a ficticious advertising campaign and spam mails that the Doom Marines get in their PDA's. The Color is for when you have mail, obviously.

P.S.: Yes we use Theme Maker
Carrying this around on the N800... you could freak out small children that have played Doom.

Or even adults that don't have a good grasp on reality.

Oh wait... that would be us... (And I guess we'd not be "freaked". We'd be like: "Cool.")

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Very cool.

If someone made a Starcraft or Diablo theme my kids would go nuts.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Colorado Springs
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Very cool.

If someone made a Starcraft or Diablo theme my kids would go nuts.
The LCARRS thing was cool looking... but apparently the guy that did that has a 770 and has not updated it. (And it stopped working after the last firmware update.)

That would be cool also... you could walk around with a tri-corder. Next up... a bluetooth insignia for your shirt!

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Really great stuff. I hope that the theme maker files will soon be compatible with the device again.

Originally Posted by keithlm View Post
The LCARRS thing was cool looking... but apparently the guy that did that has a 770 and has not updated it. (And it stopped working after the last firmware update.)

That would be cool also... you could walk around with a tri-corder. Next up... a bluetooth insignia for your shirt!

It's not bluetooth but could passably be modded to do both 802.11 & Bluetooth.....

he glowing bars on the front of the shirt dynamically change as the surrounding wi-fi signal strength fluctuates. Finally you can get the attention you deserve as others bow to you as their reverential wi-fi god, while geeky chicks swoon at your presence. You can thank us later.

Product Features

* Glowing animated shirt dynamically displays the current wi-fi signal strength.
* Shows signal strength for 802.11b or 802.11g
* Black 100% Cotton T-Shirt
* Animated Decal is Removable (with hook and loop fasteners) for Easy Washing
* Battery Pack is Concealed in a Small Pocket Sewn Inside the Shirt
* Runs for hours off three AAA Batteries (not included)
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/generic/991e/