Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
There are several packages that I want to build/work on, but the N800 is my only computer. I don't want to have to have an entire linix/windows system just to build on.
I have everything working for my own builds (C++, make, OpenGL, etc.)

But where are autoconf, automake,lib-tools, and M4? Can someone please clue me in on this?

Thanks,

BL

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
Thanks for the Google Search, but if you are talking about debian.org, it isn't that easy (sadly). There isn't a version for armel that has all the needed dependancies.

I am faiirly sure that a .deb exists for the N800 which has what I want because there is a "gnome-common' deb on the Nokia extras repo that requires autoconf, automake, M4, etc. I'm hoping that someone using it or who knows about it can enlighten me; I really don't want to reinvent the wheel on this.

Bruce

The Following User Says Thank You to BruceL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
so any idea how to install automake and fakeroot properly
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by LABAUDIO View Post
so any idea how to install automake and fakeroot properly
Install the scratchbox/SDK and cross compile from a PC
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Install the scratchbox/SDK and cross compile from a PC
any link for a good tutorial about how install and use scratchbox/sdk?

iam french but i can read and very good understood english

tx to indicate me the best linked way
iam on n810 diablo
French Noob

Last edited by LABAUDIO; 2009-04-17 at 20:27.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by LABAUDIO View Post
any link for a good tutorial about how install and use scratchbox/sdk?

iam french but i can read and very good understood english

tx to indicate me the best linked way
iam on n810 diablo
Sorry, go to maemo.org and click on SDK, easiest way is to use the scratchbox and SDK installer scripts. Also check out the INSTALL.txt. You will a system running ubuntu or other debian based system to install it on
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Sorry, go to maemo.org and click on SDK, easiest way is to use the scratchbox and SDK installer scripts. Also check out the INSTALL.txt. You will a system running ubuntu or other debian based system to install it on
ho ok i see i see....but honnestly...

i work on little project for make a Borg Sound Theme and i use a way to pack my .deb directy on the tablet...

that the point here

i need make an official package on my tablet only
i know its possible...
and i know i just need automake and fakeroot for make it...

i cant find or install automake and fakeroot manualy or any other way for now...but i hope is possible

now i use xterm for terminal and rexterm too

i need this automake and fakeroot but if any other application or install can have automake and fakeroot in too...is be good...

let me know if you see something about this 2 thing but for the tablet
and tx to help me again
French Noob

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Automake and autoconf are in the SDK! You usually install this on your desktop PC. Under windows, you can take cygwin (which will probably take you longer) or install the vmware images that are somewhere on maemo.org.

Originally Posted by free View Post
Automake and autoconf are in the SDK! You usually install this on your desktop PC. Under windows, you can take cygwin (which will probably take you longer) or install the vmware images that are somewhere on maemo.org.
i look for that ok TX A lot at both!
French Noob

but any way to install on TABLET automake and fakeroot lonely whitout any others stuffs??? or i definitely need to work on pC...
French Noob