I have the package install but how can I open xterm terminal? I also want to know how to access via root? Please give detail instructions. Thanks alot for your big help. I appreciate for your time. -Kim

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
with the package installed you should be able to open xterm from the extras menu. Applications menu -> Extras -> Xterm. to gain root access, install the becomeroot package. then open xterm (as above) and issue the comand 'sudo gainroot'.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

I downloaded dropbear file into my 8GB internal memory and install it from there. SOmehow I do not see it in my application window. Extra shows only my VNC and camera. I wonder where it actual install to? Anyone has any idea? Thanks.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
dropbear is not a GUI application, it's a command-line utility providing ssh and scp functionality (I personally prefer the openssh implementation of ssh/scp but each to their own).

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
you need to osso-xterm package. go to maemo.org and click the Downloads link and look for it there.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

I got it. Thank you all for your help. One more question. Where can I got becomeroot package for OS2007 N800. Maemo does not have it available.

The Following User Says Thank You to kimh For This Useful Post:
http://eko.one.pl/maemo/dists/bora/u....1-2_armel.deb

edit

you should add the repositories listed on this page:

http://maemo.org/community/wiki/appl...nrepositories/

add them to the application manager, and you will have access to a bunch
more applications
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Last edited by brendan; 2007-10-13 at 22:37.

Thanks, Brendan. I appreciate for your help. The link is a very good source.