I am new guy here. I just found the information about N800 one month ago. It is amazing and I so want to get it. I also found some information (maybe rumor) that the next gen Internet tablet is coming and I like the slide-out keyboard. But no one knows when will be the release. The price for N800 on ebay is about $250 + shipping fee.

So I just want to ask for advice about purchasing N800 now or waiting for next gen?

Thax

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
wait. The confidentiality agreement on the FCC site (which covers pics and whatnot) only expires in a few weeks. Who knows, you may like the new one better.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
If you have some extra money wait for the N810, it is coming soon. And yes it does have a slider keyboard (i know someone who said he saw it live).

Originally Posted by jmk View Post
If you have some extra money wait for the N810, it is coming soon. And yes it does have a slider keyboard (i know someone who said he saw it live).
Can you tell me what do u mean by extra money? $500 for the new one?

BTW, I am in Canada not U.S.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by chinese_ys View Post
Can you tell me what do u mean by extra money? $500 for the new one?

BTW, I am in Canada not U.S.
The 770 debuted for ~400, as did the N800. There's no reason the N810 won't hit for similar pricing, give or take. Evidence to this is the recent price drop of the N800 to the lower prices.

Hope the new one will be released During Christmas.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I've got my N800 in my shirt pocket as I type. As long as the keyboard doesn't cause the device to take up more space, I'm for it.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
No matter what you decide to buy..... I can promise you that you will end up buying the n810. Believe me even if you buy the n800 now you will pretty soon buy the n810 . ThE tablets are really addictive!!!
so bEtter be ready to keep aside 500$ every year!!!!

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ TN, USA
if you are not into having the latest and greatest, I'd say go for the 800. I have the 770 and love it. I can only imagine what the 800 would be like, let alone the 810. But it's like DSL, if you start with a low speed and are content, stay there. But as soon as you get a taste of a little more speed, you are gonna wan that speed all the time. Or maybe it's like drugs

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by adb2f View Post
if you are not into having the latest and greatest, I'd say go for the 800. I have the 770 and love it. I can only imagine what the 800 would be like, let alone the 810. But it's like DSL, if you start with a low speed and are content, stay there. But as soon as you get a taste of a little more speed, you are gonna wan that speed all the time. Or maybe it's like drugs
hey dude. you seriously have to play with the n800 for one day, and i am pretty sure youll start saving money for the n800. ofcourse wIth the n810 in the horizon ull save money for the 810. But the difFerence in 800 and 770 is rather underestimated. play with an n800 now and ull know what i am talking