Active Topics

Today has been an amazing day for the community and for me personally, thanks to Reggie, Thoughtfix, Engadget, Gizmodo, Symbian guru, and other more we have been taken to the front row seat of Websummit 2.0 and the new N810 experience. This alsoi gave us a bunch of resources with new information, Anyway, Just wanted to thank the community

NOW FOR THE BIG NEWS:

I went to http://www.wayfinder.com/?id=5356 and they have this
..."HOW TO BUY!
Upgrade to Wayfinder Navigator through the Map application on your Nokia N810.
You can also buy an upgrade through this website from October 26th 2007"...

MEANING, the new OS should be out by then..

Exciting, isn;t it?

interesting find.

even though the N810 isn't for me, I am curious about a few things. Is the wayfinder apps/maps going to be an additional expense? Will the speaker be louder than the N800? It's woefully inadequate for gps use in a car. Is the screen brighter and less reflective? The N800 is almost useless during the day outdoors and completely useless in the car during the day.

why Oct.26th? I mean it seems the new OS likes that date. Apple chooses Oct 26th to release Leopard. So anyone know why?

Start of new financial year......

The Following User Says Thank You to BOFH For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gigabites View Post
even though the N810 isn't for me, I am curious about a few things. Is the wayfinder apps/maps going to be an additional expense? Will the speaker be louder than the N800? It's woefully inadequate for gps use in a car. Is the screen brighter and less reflective? The N800 is almost useless during the day outdoors and completely useless in the car during the day.

specs say the screen on the 810 goes up to 20% brighter than the n800, so it should perform much better in sunlight. You'll need a proper car mounting kit to be able to use it in your car.

Part of the reason for the additional built in memory on the device was to hold GPS maps. Maybe the navigation software it comes with is very basic, so this is an upgrade. I'm partial to the i-Go navigation software myself, but I'm sure there will be other 3rd party vendors that will offer navigation packages for the n810.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Pretty sure the date is wrong because I've been hearing people grumbling about having only one month left to file and fix bugs on IT 2008.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
So the guys (bloggers attending the event) that got they're own for free from Nokia are using a BETA version right know.. do they ?

About the Wayfinder Navigator, why only N810 ?

Originally Posted by anidel View Post
So the guys (bloggers attending the event) that got they're own for free from Nokia are using a BETA version right know.. do they ?

About the Wayfinder Navigator, why only N810 ?
Because it isn't for free. It would cost too much when giving it all n800 users too.

That is another reason why the n810 costs so much

I hope the software isn't too expensive for the n800. I'd like to add it in for a reasonable cost.