Active Topics

Notices

A robust personal wiki would be a killer app for me on my N800. I'm specifically looking for something that will work offline, so I don't need an internet connection to read and edit the wiki.

Basic formatting and images would be great, as would plain-text storage of pages.

I've installed DokuWiki, using the nginx web server and PHP on the N800. It works, but it's a little sluggish. Also, you have to use MicroB because Opera will always try to establish a data connection, even if you are connecting to localhost.

I know there's an awful lot of Python code floating around, and I'm mostly unfamiliar with it. Anyone know of anything worth trying out wiki-wise on the N800?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Have you tried tiddlywiki.com?
It's self contained in a single html and works fine with Opera and Microb. I think this has been suggested on the forum in the past.

I worry that TiddlyWiki might not gracefully handle a large amount of data, due to its single-file approach.

But it is a good suggestion that I had forgotten about, so thanks! I'll check it out.

Any others?

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
does tiddlywiki work reliably?

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Rome, Italy
somebody reported success with moin moin some times ago... but never heard back

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
I've seen tiddly's up to 100MB in size (thats a lot of text folks). As for Moin Moin. That's what wikipedia runs. But for lightweight, tidly is it. IMHO

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Greater Boston
Excellent timing. I just put tiddlywiki on my 770. Seems to work fine, but admittedly I don't have tons of data on it yet.