Active Topics

Notices

Hi, i've previously written an ajax front end and i'm in the process of optimising it for the 770. I've found the setting for turning off the toolbar in fullscreen mode, but is there an option to completely turn it off - so it doesn't even briefly come back up when you follow a link? Only the 770 has to go to so much trouble to move up all the page just to show the next page is loading then shift it all back down again. I'm sure it increases the next page loading time. I realise some people would want to know if the browser is doing anything, but for my control page it is unecessary.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Andrew

OK so maybe there isn't an option for completely removing the toolbar, but does anyone know how to make the toolbar settings permanent? Everytime i reboot the 770 the toolbar is shown in fullscreen mode, so i have to change the setting back everytime. I can't find any reference to it in either opera.ini files, so is the setting only held in RAM? In which case is there an option i can add to the opera.ini file?

Thanks

Andrew

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ central georgia, usa
Originally Posted by knuckles
OK so maybe there isn't an option for completely removing the toolbar, but does anyone know how to make the toolbar settings permanent? Everytime i reboot the 770 the toolbar is shown in fullscreen mode, so i have to change the setting back everytime. I can't find any reference to it in either opera.ini files, so is the setting only held in RAM? In which case is there an option i can add to the opera.ini file?

Thanks

Andrew
Amen. This is one of those little pains-in-the-neck.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
I agree.

I think there we should start an opera.ini faq -- someone posted some information on this here a while back.

I, for one, would also like to set the minimum type size in Opera to be larger than it is.

Btw, where is the opera.ini file found?

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Spokane, WA.
Originally Posted by RogerS
Btw, where is the opera.ini file found?
/home/user/.opera/opera.ini

or

Code:
find / -name opera.ini

Last edited by thedarksavant; 2006-01-30 at 21:45. Reason: added wink so as not to look like a smartass

There's two opera.ini files and from what i can tell the /home file overides the /usr/share/osso-browser-opera/opera_home/opera.ini file.

for example i changed Frames Show Active to 0 in the /home ini and it worked (i personally don't need to know which frame i last clicked in).

I found most of the .ini file explained at http://www.opera.com/support/usingopera/operaini/

Although not all the fields are explained and some are present that have no effect on the 770 - i haven't been through all of them. Other basic settings are given on this site at http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi..._setting_files

But It would be good to have a definitive list - and maybe somewhere to suggest to Opera what we'd like to see!?

Andrew