As an admitted newbie of the 810 platform, I'm nonetheless very close to buying one. One very key program I use is a PC based news aggregator, Rss reader, and Blog reader called NewsCrawler. Is there such a utility that exists in the os realm of the 810. With wifi so easily found here in NYC, being able to connect the 810 and just open up an aggregator for monitoring the hundreds of sites I monitor frequently throughout the day is very appealing. Apologies if this query is too rudimentary for some but this is a key component for my particular journalistic needs.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
There's a built-in RSS feed reader as well as a home applet for showing you updated feeds.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
The Feedelity [download] rss news reader will also allow you to download and read your feeds offline, nyp797.

Last edited by ichmoimeyo; 2007-11-24 at 16:12.

Readermini.com is a great way to do Google Reader from the tablet ... web only, but works really well

The built in RSS Feed Reader (on the Nokia N810) can import the exported Google reader feed file and you can read all your subscribed feeds as on Google reader in the RSS reader itself.

Faster than opening a browser and firing up google reader for me. Also better in navigating around various feeds.

As mentioned above for offline reading I use Feedelity [download].
For online reading beta.bloglines is my favorite as it loads faster than Google Reader for me. The Quick view is my preferred view on my n800[Quick - Full - 3-pane].
[Like Google Reader it handles podcasts with a built-in flash player.]

Last edited by ichmoimeyo; 2007-11-27 at 20:23.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Wow! Gotta love open-source! There are tons of options!

}:^)~
YARR!

Capt'n Corrupt

Couldn't get feedelity to work and add a feed URL into it at all.
I installed on N810 - dont know if its optimised for the new OS yet... Also it crashes out ... as yet its a non-working software for me.

Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Couldn't get feedelity to work and add a feed URL into it at all.
I installed on N810 - dont know if its optimised for the new OS yet... Also it crashes out ... as yet its a non-working software for me.
apologies, nilchak, I should have checked whether it was os2008 ready. I will keep an eye on it as I would still like to use it when I upgrade my n800 to os2008; will post back here when a os2008 version becomes available.