I like it overall, but Is anybody experiencing these issues?

- Web icon (globe) unresponsive even straight after boot

- Launching browser via Web icon in offline mode yields "Updating" message, sometimes followed by "Exit Offline Mode?", sometimes not.

- Where able to say yes to "Exit Offline Mode?", the browser seems to kick back in before the connection is ready and/or the connection refuses to work in the current browser session, but works after a reload.

Much of this only seemed to kick in after all the playing to get Python working (R&D, sources.list, apt-get update etc).

I'm also experiencing severe battery drain but I know i've seen a thread for that one, and I suspect my battery may be part of the problem.

Any news on Videocenter for OS2008? It's the one thing I didn't really consider that I now realise I relied on.. Don't really want to go back though.

Cheers,
Tom.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I've noticed that the web icon can sometimes be very unresponsive, whereas the others are always perfectly fine. I believe a bug is already filed about this in Bugzilla.

Yeah, I'm missing Video Center too, but I'm finding that it's less of a problem since the RSS feed reader's more stable and is good enough for grabbing podcasts.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Greece
web browser keeps closing when i load some pages (even garaze and maemo downloads)

I'm experiencing the same problems with the globe. I haven't had any offline messages. Another problem I am having is when I press and hold the back button and try to go back two or more sites, the menu does not come up right, it disappears before I can select it. A fix for this is to drag to the selection and it works.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by basco View Post
I'm experiencing the same problems with the globe. I haven't had any offline messages. Another problem I am having is when I press and hold the back button and try to go back two or more sites, the menu does not come up right, it disappears before I can select it. A fix for this is to drag to the selection and it works.
That appears to be a general problem on the new firmware. All popups now seem to act that way.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
That appears to be a general problem on the new firmware. All popups now seem to act that way.
There is an bug report for this:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2333

Everyone feel free to let Nokia know you care. It drives me nuts.