Sorry for the repost -- I originally put this in the OS2008 forum, but realized it might not have been a high enough visibility place to put my question. I'm reposting it here because it would seem the vast majority of n810 users are n800 users and may have encountered the same problem......

Okay, maybe this was a bad idea on my part, but I took a backup from my 810, and restored it to my OS2008 800. Everything seemed to work very well, and made loading up the 800 very easy.

Unfortunately, my text input settings are kind of out of whack now. I can't get the stylus keyboard at all, and the thumb board will only launch with the button press about 10% of the time, and sometimes not at all depending on the application.

I thought there was a way to adjust the touch screen sensitivity, and what would trigger the keypads popping up. in the "General" tab of the text input settings dialog, there are checkboxes for launch finger keyboard with finger tap, and to launch finger keyboard with the button, but these settings seem not to have any effect now. I can't find any other adjustments.

Any insight as to how to resolve this without reflashing and manually installing all the apps would be appreciated.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
This reminds me of certain infection diseases for which no medicin is available. If you know how the infection works then you also know how to expunge the disease.

Maybe the restore put some incompatible settings into some hidden directory or file in /home/user/, or something else. This is probably hard to figure out. My recommendation is to avoid to restore.

Yeah, i've gotten as far as just not restoring the settings and everything works fine, i'm just wondering if anyone's sorted out where those settings are. Kind of odd that they seem to have removed them from 2008 entirely.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by Dallben View Post
Yeah, i've gotten as far as just not restoring the settings and everything works fine, i'm just wondering if anyone's sorted out where those settings are. Kind of odd that they seem to have removed them from 2008 entirely.
It's a beta release. You could search/file a bug at Maemo Bugzilla, or just hope that the final release (soon ?!) will do better.

The Following User Says Thank You to gammer For This Useful Post: