Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I just released version 0.91 of the MediaBox media center. Besides some improvements and bugfixes, this new version also features support for FM radio.

The FM radio will only appear on the N800, though. The other Nokia internet tablets don't have a built-in FM tuner chip.

Get the new version at http://mediabox.garage.maemo.org.

Enjoy!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
Installing now, one question, since this is mplayer aware does it do a2dp?

Originally Posted by linuxrebel View Post
Installing now, one question, since this is mplayer aware does it do a2dp?
Not yet. It's planned for the future, though.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Thanks for uploading. I tried it out, and it looks great--I especially like the support for FM radio.

It was a little unstable for me (it crashes when I stop a video and try to reload a new one, and the interface stopped working when I tried to switch from FM to Music files and vice versa), but the application has a lot of potential.

Do you have the latest version of mplayer installed on your tablet? mplayer recently ironed out an annoying bug which caused the tablet to crash under some circumstances.

Apart from that, if you notice any oddities or instabilities, please don't hesitate to report them here: https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?at...55&func=browse

Btw, the next release will add internet radio to the radio module. Stability regarding mplayer communication (hanging) has been greatly improved as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I really appreciate this app. The kinetic scrolling is really great. It responds superbly with the fingers. Great app. Waiting for a2dp support. This is really a killer app.

And one more thing.... How do we get videos or photos to play full screen. Is this already possible? If yes how?
If no .... please add this function for the future releases.

thanks once agian.

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
And one more thing.... How do we get videos or photos to play full screen. Is this already possible? If yes how?
hm, just hit the fullscreen-button as always? On OS2007 it works.
My missing feature is to play radio through the speakers instead the headphones.

It doesnt work for me in s 2008. Is that a bug? or am i wrong? can some one confirm??

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
I can't get it to install on N800 2007. Got an error from Application manager "Unable to install mediabox". Tried ver 0.91 and 0.91.1, have python 2.5 and mplayer.