Notices

Hello. I used KeePass for keeping logins/passwords on my laptop but since there's no version of KeePass for N800, I exported/imported all my logins/passwords into Password Safe. It works just fine on my laptop but when I try to open its database on N800, it doesn't really work. I tried all database versions but it didn't help. Some versions didn't open at all and some opened but I could see a lot of junk instead of real data. Did I do something wrong or it's just a bug?

Alex

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Portugal
I had the same problem and reported it in the PasswordSafe project page:
https://garage.maemo.org/forum/forum...1&forum_id=178

This is a bug. Other issue that I would love to have is PasswordSafe on OS 2008. As soon as this application runs on OS 2008 I will stop using the Palm T5 (eWallet). I used PasswordSafe in OS2007 but now I am missing it (I probably will go back to OS2007).

This is a key application for me. It would be great if someone could help us out and port the version 3 to OS2008.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Have you guys tried the OS2008 version here?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PinCushionQueen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by luso View Post
I had the same problem and reported it in the PasswordSafe project page:
https://garage.maemo.org/forum/forum...1&forum_id=178

This is a bug. ...
This is a key application for me.
Too bad. It's one of key apps for me too.

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
I use OS2007 and I tried version 1.3 from there but it's not any better.

I've been using PasswordSafe for many years, back since when Bruce Schneier was working on it. I use it pretty much daily and would REALLY love to have it on my N810. There have always been trade offs between security and convenience and having PasswordSafe with me always would be mighty convenient!.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
PasswordSafe 1.3 is available for OS2007 and OS2008
1.3 version is only a technical version that allows (and is) compiling for OS2008 : Changed from HildonGrid to IconView ...
I'll have a look at your report ...
Fred

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fredoll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Portugal
Thanks Fred. I am sure many of us need PasswordSafe (OS2008). eWallet is the only reason I still carry around my Palm. I started to transfer (on PC) the data from eWallet to PasswordSafe. As soon as I have all data in PasswordSafe, and on N800 I will need no longer to take with me the Palm.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
I'm a recent convert to the Windows version of Password Safe and I'd LOVE to be able to copy the file to my N800 (OS2008) for use there too!

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
Thanks for the link... I just installed the OS2008 version of 1.3 on my N810 (not N800) and it installed fine.

But I cant seem to edit the 'new' entry at all. The Keyboard does not seem to work on the entry fields - neither can I backspace and delete the 'new' entry to rename it or even press OK cancel button from Keyboard. Only the directopn D-Pad works on it.

Even software keyboard doesnt seem to come on for this.

Too bad - is this a bug, or is it not designed for N810 with Keyboard ?

Originally Posted by technut View Post
I'm a recent convert to the Windows version of Password Safe and I'd LOVE to be able to copy the file to my N800 (OS2008) for use there too!
A conduit plugin for synchronizing Password Safe between systems would be awesome. Even more awesome if it could synchronize Password Safe with other keyring solutions, too.