does u no any good p2p applications for the n 810

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
does u no any good p2p applications for the n 810
Many not often no cannot here no be finded by apply pressure to not button for unsearchin da forum.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Exactly what I was going to say.

well put

Why would you want p2p software on the N8x0 anyway? Generally you need to remain online for long periods of time with data being trickled over the connection, this sounds like a difficult thing to do due to battery life.

I could understand people wanting apps to control p2p software that's running elsewhere, just not actually running the software on the tablets.

I can think of quite a few reasons why someone might want to run p2p software on a tablet:

1. You don't have a high speed Internet connection at your home and have to go to an internet cafe, workplace or library to download large files.

2. You don't want p2p activities traced back to your home computer due to the suit-happy RIAA, so you do your downloading elsewhere.

The N800 allows for some very hefty SDHC card sizes, so you aren't limited to small files either, necessarily. Battery life would likely be the limiting factor.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
downloading large movies probably isnt ideally suited due to battery life. but i myself often might think of a song i want while i am out somewhere and want to download it right when i think of it so i dont forget (as often happens) lol

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
I ported Nicotine to OS2008, tested it in n800 not in n810, but it should work.
It's in extras-devel repository: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...mo-3_armel.deb

You need to install python before to install nicotine.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Why would you want p2p software on the N8x0 anyway? Generally you need to remain online for long periods of time with data being trickled over the connection, this sounds like a difficult thing to do due to battery life.

I could understand people wanting apps to control p2p software that's running elsewhere, just not actually running the software on the tablets.
(Shakes head) Why do people waste time asking questions about "why" ... if u think it can work... make a +ve contribution. If not... well.

I guess that's what happens when you've got free speech. MANY MANY reasons why I'd love to have P2P.

it would be nice to have a lite version of frostwire for the tablet.