I got an email from Wayfinder customer service in which I was told that the upgrade to Wayfinder can be purchased starting on 12-17.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Poland
Originally Posted by DR.Tek View Post
I got an email from Wayfinder customer service in which I was told that the upgrade to Wayfinder can be purchased starting on 12-17.
Thanks for this great news. I've bought navicore software few months. I hope I can put my navicore license code in wayfinder software on my n800 with 2008os tomorrow and enjoy full voice guided navigation

In which timezone?

Any idea if they are going to offer some sort of trial.

I'm just about ready to get an N810 I think. I can just about live with the price even if the GPS is not upto scratch. I'm getting an N82 and that has plenty of GPS options.

But I'd rather have the option of GPS on the N810 if it is any good with teh big screen etc.

Also, does anyone know if the price includes traffic updates ? If not, it looks kind of pricey.

Also, can someone please clarity (I have tried skimming through the forums) the free alternative mapper software, does it work with the internal GPS yet ?

Lots of questions for a first post I know. Also got a couple of winges (PIM) but will save those for the right thread

Thanks,

Zuber

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Coventry, UK
Map application has an option to choose "free navigation trial"
It's not clear from the website whether traffic is included in the cost
I got Maemo mapper working with the internal GPS but it was not a viable navigation application for me.
Roll on tomorrow

Thanks,

Thinking about it, I guess I'll just wait a few day for all the youtube videos.

Should tell me all I need to know...

Zuber

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Coventry, UK
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
Thanks,

Thinking about it, I guess I'll just wait a few day for all the youtube videos.

Should tell me all I need to know...

Zuber
Here's one
http://tabletblog.com/2007/10/in-car...n810s-gps.html

The Following User Says Thank You to sparkytt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Poland
itīs 08:00 a.m. here in Poland and I still can not use my navicore license key to activate voice navigation in wayfinder...

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
It's Mon Dec. 17th and it's 10:30am in Italy. Still nothing on the Wayfinder side.
I can't buy a new license.
Haven't tried the trial period as I will sell my tablet to a friend and I want him to try it out (I will get the N810 soon).

I was going to post the email I got from Wayfinder, but it would seem that it was deleted. But here is the address to which I sent the email.

dan.haneklint @ wayfinder . com

Thanks.