Active Topics

Hi All,

I'm hoping maybe someone ekse has a Dlink DI-615 that they connect to with their N800. I have no problems with any of my other machines connecting to it but I can't with my N800. The N800 sees the router full strength but then when I try to connect I get a can not connect to network error. Is there a setting in the router I need to change? Thanks for any help in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to balbert908 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C

I changed the channel from the default 11 to 3 and it worked. I was getting dropped connections all the time. I thought it was the router but I read a few things online and it has to do with interference. There are a lot of wifi points - 16 that my n800 picks up so I changed the channel and works flawlessly.

Originally Posted by balbert908 View Post
Hi All,

I'm hoping maybe someone ekse has a Dlink DI-615 that they connect to with their N800. I have no problems with any of my other machines connecting to it but I can't with my N800. The N800 sees the router full strength but then when I try to connect I get a can not connect to network error. Is there a setting in the router I need to change? Thanks for any help in advance.
There are two very different versions of that router. One is hardware version 1 and the other is hardware version 2. The one with hardware version 1 was a piece of garbage, if that is the one you have, I recommend you take it back and exchange it ASAP. The one with hardware version 2 works just fine and my N800 connects easily with both OS2007 and OS2008. I use WEP encription (I know it is lame, but I have a print server that only supports WEP and I don't live near enough people to feel at risk). Also make sure you are in mixed mode.

Thanks Sebring. I do have version 1.10 (second version with new firmware installed) Turns out I just had to restart the router and everything is fine.

Originally Posted by balbert908 View Post
Thanks Sebring. I do have version 1.10 (second version with new firmware installed) Turns out I just had to restart the router and everything is fine.
I wish you luck with that one. I had nothing but trouble with it. The one with V2 hardware is very different, even has a different front panel. The signal strength was very erratic and I had to restart it daily. Kept losing my internet connection, even though still connected to router resulting in frequent page load errors. I had updated to the same firmware you have. The one I have now says H/W Ver.:B2 F/W Ver.:2.20 on the UPC code. If you go to DLink's web site, you can see the two different F/W upgrade paths and it appears H/W ver 1 is a dead end product.

I actually knew what I might be in for when I bought it. I had read all the bad reviews. But also read most people were fine when they upgraded the firmware. Honestly, since the first day when I had to restart to get the N800 to connected I haven't had any issues. Maybe I'm just lucky but I did only pay $32 for it so I figured it was worth the risk. Thanks for the other info.