I don't know if it's illusion but this official update seemed a lot slower than the beta version. Could anyone who upgraded verify this for me? Opening a web is a lot slower, installing a program is a lot slower. Don't know why but this doesn't make any sense...

I was thinking the same thing but thought I must be crazy. It seems like web pages opened quicker on the beta.

Anyone else?

Agreed re web pages.

Disagree re installing programs.

This is on an N800.

I can't install programs at all. The repos are not refreshing but probably everyone is downloading the update from the same. Websites for me a about the same, not any difference one way or other.

funny, I have the exact opposite impression. With the beta my browser "paused" 5-10 seconds when I opened it. Now it opens right up to the home page. Browsing seems no faster or slower to me.

The install issue is simply server overload--nothing to do with the OS.

The installation of program is slower, but I assume it's because that the web is overloaded. maybe the frequency of cpu has been downgraded.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by ehe12 View Post
The installation of program is slower, but I assume it's because that the web is overloaded.
As has been stated in this and several other threads, the repositories are currently being hammered to death, so any "slowness" with Application Manager is due to this and has nothing to do with the OS, the software or the CPU.

Originally Posted by ehe12 View Post
maybe the frequency of cpu has been downgraded.
Yeah, maybe, but no. . . .