Active Topics

why am i getting installation file corrupted message when i go to install a program from browse installable applications

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
I'm probably going to be flamed for this (again), but if you had bothered to put forth a little effort to investigate the issue on your own, you would have found at least a half-dozen threads on the exact same issue. One, even, with the exact same title!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
well i guess i am sorry, i am just trying to learn about the n800 and this site,i feel i have to watch what i do now

I had the same problem this morning when installing pidgin. I refreshed the catalogues and the problem went away.

Originally Posted by rm -rf View Post
I had the same problem this morning when installing pidgin. I refreshed the catalogues and the problem went away.
yes i did refresh the catalog and then i try to install ukmp it will say installation file corrupted

Originally Posted by pastafazoule View Post
well i guess i am sorry, i am just trying to learn about the n800 and this site,i feel i have to watch what i do now
It's very easy. All you have to remember to do before you post any new topics is search. If you're having trouble getting Pidgin set up, SEARCH! If you have some error showing up that you don't understand, SEARCH!

Just remember to use a variety of keywords related to your problem and try a number of different resources (maemo.org, these forums, the mailing lists, google).

If you can't find anything, then go ahead and post something (but, maybe, search a second time just to be sure ) explaining what problem your having (in detail!), and a little about what you searched for and where you searched (this means people wont just dismiss you for not having searched and garners sympathy for your situation).

If you find something, but don't understand it, then ask for your clarification in the topic where you've found the solution.

Participating in this community involves a bit of give and take. The people around with the knowledge to help you only ask that you put a little bit of time into trying to help yourself (by searching) before you start going around spouting off questions. If, after your searching, you come up empty handed, then people around here are more than willing to help. We're really a friendly bunch if you put forth a little effort to help yourself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Northern Virginia, USA
It's frustrating for me, too, but I have to second Gen'l A on search first, then ask. I was about to post a similar question, but decided to search one more time (I can't say I care for the search function, but I have issues with it on a few other forums - it's not ITT's fault) and found several threads describing the problem. Hopefully it'll fix itself over a few days as the bulk of us N800 owners finish upgrading. I certainly was not having this problem with my 770 or with OS2007 on a recently-acquired 800.

Be paitent, it'll be worth it. Although a more robust mechanism (torrent - which is how I obtained OS2008) might help the next time.

Originally Posted by ks1g View Post
It's frustrating for me, too, but I have to second Gen'l A on search first, then ask. I was about to post a similar question, but decided to search one more time (I can't say I care for the search function, but I have issues with it on a few other forums - it's not ITT's fault) and found several threads describing the problem. Hopefully it'll fix itself over a few days as the bulk of us N800 owners finish upgrading. I certainly was not having this problem with my 770 or with OS2007 on a recently-acquired 800.

Be paitent, it'll be worth it. Although a more robust mechanism (torrent - which is how I obtained OS2008) might help the next time.
well thank you,and i finally got the search down but i have to say i am a little paranoid now to ask a question,again thank you

Originally Posted by pastafazoule View Post
well thank you,and i finally got the search down but i have to say i am a little paranoid now to ask a question,again thank you
Don't be paranoid to ask questions. There are a ton of people here very willing to help. We just ask that you put forth a tiny bit of effort to answer your question before you immediately jump to posting a new topic.