Hi, just a quickie question if I may!

Does the N800 support SDHC cards when running OS2008 or does it need to be "patched"?

Thanks
James

P.S. I did find the post about OS2008 beta damaging cards, but I lost the will to live whilst I was reading it. ( Sorry )

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2007 @ St.Petersburg, FL
Works fine, no patch needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to blakboy98 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
P.S. I did find the post about OS2008 beta damaging cards, but I lost the will to live whilst I was reading it. ( Sorry )
I'm more inclined to the blame on users than the OS. I still haven't seen anything that would indicate that it's actually the software causing it.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
A big thank you!

It's great to get an answer rather than a lecture on how to use the search function.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
It's great to get an answer rather than a lecture on how to use the search function.
Don't post redundant drivel and don't get unpleasantness in return.

Sorry if I said something I shouldn't have; I wasn't implying either of you.

What SDHC sizes are supported?

A big thank you!

Yep, it is. The search function sucks. It is hard to find specific questions and you end up browsing pages and pages of threads just to find something very specific.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
SDHC sizes: I think the limit is 16 gigs now, but my impression is that the sky is the limit, or more likely, your budget.

I don't think you really need more than at most two 4-gig sdhc cards, do you? SDHC cards can be damaged, and replacing them can be expensive. As in gambling, don't bet what you can't afford to lose. I went for a long time on 2 gigs total, and it was plenty for me. Now I'm up to 6 gigs total.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Well, I'm debating between an n800 and an ipod touch. One of the big draws of the n800 is the ability to get as much or more memory than a Touch should I so choose in the future. I sincerely doubt I'd start with more than 8GB with memory, but I might very well upgrade in the future.