I am trying to read a 35M pdf file with images. The built pdf reader is poor because I can't go to the next page using the arrow keys.

I installed eVince and it's better but the problem with it is every a couple of pages, it takes 5-10 seconds to load the next page. it's getting painful to read comfortably on the 770. The other problem is after reading a few pages, I get a warning that I am running low in memory. I have nothing else running. After more pages, the things crashes. I am thinking of splitting the pdf into smaller chunks to get it to be more nimbler.

Another thread mentioned xpdf which loads pages in the background. Is it available for the 770?

The zoom is another issue. It seems pdf fonts do not scale. I am getting a lot of white margins on both sides and would love to use this real estate to get bigger and moretext showing and switch to full screen mode but the text blurs when I zoom in.

So I figured if I convert the pdf into chm, the fonts in the chm would scale? I convert a file but lost all the images. I haven't read the chm yet.

Any ideas on improving the eReading experience on the 770? I mentioned the use of a mouse scroll wheel on another thread to the scroll the document as a way for not using the small keys.

How does FBReader compare with eVince?

abdu