Hi!

I have subscribed to a number of feeds. Each feed has many articles and these were originally displayed in the standard RSS reader.

However, now they are all empty, the article pane just displays "no posts". I guess the application has set status of all the old articles to "read" and they are no longer displayed.

But I want them back, I want to be able to browse and read them again. How do I refresh the status to "all unread" or similar?

Just guessing here, but perhaps if you clicked the "keep for later" button for each story? I don't know if there is a way to do it for all stories, or everything in the reader. But I too am curious, and once again I'm just guessing.

thanks. the annoying thing about this is that I never even read any of those posts. A feed which contained dozens of unread articles suddenly changed its status to empty! Therefore there was no opportunity to tick any "save" checkboxes.

Well, that is a problem. Here is a thread that might have some helpful info. I think that Claws Mail with the RSSyl plugin, mentioned by timsamoff in the second post, is probably your best bet.
I haven't tried this yet even though I have planned to. So, unfortunately, I don't know how to help you beyond this really.
Best of luck,
bvsciguy

Originally Posted by bvsciguy View Post
Well, that is a problem. Here is a thread that might have some helpful info. I think that Claws Mail with the RSSyl plugin, mentioned by timsamoff in the second post, is probably your best bet.
Yes, the Claws Mail RSSyl plugin can be configured to save expired posts.

The global prefs for RSSyl are found under '/Configuration/Preferences/Plugins/RSSyl', here the 'default number of expired items to keep' can be set, use -1 to keep all expired posts. However, the individual feed properties take precedence over this global pref and can be set by accessing the context menu of a feed folder and choosing 'Feed Properties', where the 'number of expired entries to keep' can be entered.

HTH
Paul