Active Topics

Notices

I have to admit, this is the most fun I've had with my n770. Ever

Well, I saw this on my brother's Mac a while ago, a little program that acted as an on-screen piano. I liked it. Then tonight I thought, how cool would that be on a touch screen? Pretty freakin' cool, actually. So, I decided to write one my self since no one else had. This is the magic of Python. With fifteen minutes and a piano to record the notes off of, even an idiot like me can make something as fun as this

Please, tell me if you would like to have this on the tablet, I'm not sure whether I should bother to develop this for others, or just as a project for me.

Here's a vid I put on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABdednvQxNg

Hope you like

The Following User Says Thank You to Aisu For This Useful Post:
Sweet, do you mind putting that into a .deb or something so we can try it?

Hey Aisu, that looks grt, but where are the black keys? to have an application to brush up the long lost piano lessons on 770 would be grt but there should be option to zoom in and outta the keyboard so that all the keys are available to play and not just a few.
Anyways, grt idea and thanks for working on it....

Ah, yeah, this was just me coding for fifteen minutes after rejoicing at finally being able to produce a sound out of Python ^^'''' Black keys will come soon once I think of the most elegant way to place them, zooming is a bit far away at the moment, though

It'll be a while before I am ready to release this hunk of junk

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lafayette, LA
I like it, and I'm interested in running it on my N800.

Cool

I updated it (I hate recording the damnedable notes x_x) to have the sharp/flat (black keys). They don't look very good, though...

Cool. I would load it.

great idea!!! this is why i got a nokia tablet!
some kind of training mode where you learn keys, or piano-hero where you have to match the colored keys in rhythm

That... that's a bit complicated ^^''' But, maybe.

Right now, the wav files I am using for the note sounds are very, very poor quality. I recorded them with my Vaio's mic and a piano. So, if anyone has, or would like to record, some nice notes (just one chromatic octave, a to g) in wav format, I would be eternally grateful.

It's coming along nicely, though It runs much nicer on my 810, and it's look pretty, too!

man that is REALLY cool. i would use this all the time. to get better notes, you can use an online guitar tuner and use software to record the audio from your browser, or you can download them by looking at the page source. i think the ones youre using now sound fine. this is really cool! i hope you can release a beta!