Posts: 151 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Mexico City, Mexico
Hi all:

Does any of you has a list (or knows where to get one) of real stores that do physically have (and sell) the Nokia N810 Internet Tablet. ?

I will be traveling to Orlando, Florida soon (from abroad) and I want to buy one N810 on that trip.

I have not been able to find any company that physically has N810 units for sale. CompUSA used to be the place to go there, but now I called and say "we are going out of business, so we have none and will not have new ones again".

Last resort would be a mail or online order store: which one is recommended ? by reputation safety of purchase ? and price ?

Thanks for your comments, will be very well appreciated.

You might want to try Best Buy and Circuit City. They have sold the N800's, so I am assuming they should get the N810's in as well? Worth a try, anyway.

bartsimpson123844:

Thanks for your comment. I have checked on both, circuit city and Best Buy. the former does not carry the N810 in stores, so it is just an online order item. Bust buy seems it doesn't even carry the N810, according to their website: if you seach for N810, it states they do not have it and suggest the N800 which they do.

Both of them are, in any case, online ordering only? Your experiences, good and bad, purchasing to these guys Circuit City and Best buy online are welcome.

Thanks.

i visited several best buys and circuit citys in ohio and none of them had the n800 or n810...compusa had the n800 on display only and sold out of the n810

i just went to ebay for mine, i bought it from the buy.com ebay store and got it the next day with overnight shipping while some people here are waiting like a month

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Orlando, FL
Febb,
When are you going to be in Orlando. I live there and could do some calling around to local stores to see if I can locate one for you. I would need to do it just before you were coming to town though, because most places will not hold merchandise for very long.

Kathy:

I really appreciate your message. I will be arriving to Orlando on the 31st. of January and will stay there for about 9 days.

If you know of any brick and mortar stores close the Disney area that do carry the N810, and you can tell me their names, I could do the actual calling and seeing if they have it in stock.

Purchasing directly in store is better for me as in that way I eliminate the risks of shipping to my hotel (which many companies won't do) and hoping it gets there in good shape and on-time before I leave.

Thanks again for your offer. Kind regards.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Brooklyn, NY
Hmm... the Best Buy in New York (Chelsea) had the N810 when I was in there holiday shopping, although it was in the mobile phone section. I guess it depends on the individual stores.

The Following User Says Thank You to namtastic For This Useful Post:
Namtastic:

Thanks for your comment. Can you recall if you went to a Bust Buy store or a "Best Buy MOBILE" store ? Seems those are two different type of Best Buy stores....

Thanks again.

I got my n810 in Best Buy in the mobile section. There was no display model and they had it hidden away in a cabinet behind the counter. I was told by 4 employees that they did not carry it and never did, but I kept asking different people until one guy opened the case to prove me wrong and we saw 2 devices in their packaging. The guy looked shocked, it was pretty funny actually. The reason I pushed the issue is because I had called ahead and found someone to look up the SKU in the computer. It just took a little convincing to get someone to find it.

On a side note, they also had Nokia N73s n95s and some other unlocked phones in the same case. The guy said no one ever bought one. I told him they might want to try not denying their existence and they might start moving more units.

I guess the main bullet point of my presentation here is to get someone to look it up on the computer and then just pester them until they dig for it.

Cheers,
James

The Following User Says Thank You to james415 For This Useful Post:
james415 :

Thanks also for your comment, by any chance do you still have your receipt from Best Buy of your nokia N810 ? If so, could you please let me know the SKU or product code ? (maybe the date when you purchased will be useful as well).

The SKU code will help me in "guiding" the people at Best Buy in looking for the N810...assuming they still have it.....

Thanks in advance.