Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2007
#1
Hey guys can i pair my N800 to ANY prepay phone for internet using ANY service?
 
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2006
#2
i know you can do it with att/cingular but it will be expensive. you will be paying 1cent per kb.
 
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Dec 2007
#3
I understand it's possible with T-Mobile, both in the USA and in Europe, and you can get a T-Mobile SIM card for any unlocked GSM phone.
 
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008
#4
Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
i know you can do it with att/cingular but it will be expensive. you will be paying 1cent per kb.
But if you have an unlimited internet plan with them it shouldn't cost anything above the $15.00 (or maybe $19.99 MediaMax) monthly charge, right?

https://www.wireless.att.com/olam/sh...tedFtrSoc=MN21

https://www.wireless.att.com/olam/sh...tedFtrSoc=MBO4

Last edited by MikeyC; 01-28-2008 at 01:02 PM.
 
qwerty12's Avatar
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,332 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
#5
I can do it successfully with an N800 & an W810 on Orange UK.

I tried it out too successfully.
 
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UK
#6
It would be very expensive no doubt! |Not tried, but you should be able to work it as long as you can tether them together i.e. with bluetooth, in the first place...
 
YoDude's Avatar
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,780 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
#7
Originally Posted by tamadrums888 View Post
Hey guys can i pair my N800 to ANY prepay phone for internet using ANY service?
Where are you located?
 
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ SF, CA
#8
The phones you get with T-Mobile prepaid can't do it (unless there is a hack). Maybe you can use a different phone. I would be interested - I have T-mobile prepaid phone for a ridiculously low amount per month ($10 to $15/mo.) - but have been told there is no data plan Tmobile prepaid.
 
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2007
#9
I am doing it with verizon inpluse I get evdo and 1xrtt fine on it . I am useing phones i got from ebay a v710 dun 1xrtt only and a E815 . Both work great . With verizon it works out good if you don;t plain to use it ever day . I have one phone just for my n800 the cost is not to bad works out to be the same price as there $60.00 data plane if you where to use it every day. but with prepaid it works out nice you only pay for the days you use the phone .99 cents a day gets you evdo/1xrtt for 24 hours . The best part of doing it this way is you can't get hit with $4000's bill. check out http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...9#post10547589 it's a great help to geting it working.

When i login to my prepaid account and view my calls and stuff it just shows up as moble web with the date and time . not bad for .99 a day . I only use it maybe 10 days a month

computerfreek
 
YoDude's Avatar
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,780 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
#10
Originally Posted by computerfreek View Post
I am doing it with verizon inpluse I get evdo and 1xrtt fine on it . I am useing phones i got from ebay a v710 dun 1xrtt only and a E815 . Both work great . With verizon it works out good if you don;t plain to use it ever day . I have one phone just for my n800 the cost is not to bad works out to be the same price as there $60.00 data plane if you where to use it every day. but with prepaid it works out nice you only pay for the days you use the phone .99 cents a day gets you evdo/1xrtt for 24 hours . The best part of doing it this way is you can't get hit with $4000's bill. check out http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...9#post10547589 it's a great help to geting it working.

When i login to my prepaid account and view my calls and stuff it just shows up as moble web with the date and time . not bad for .99 a day . I only use it maybe 10 days a month

computerfreek
^that is good to know...

Another cheap way is to purchase a used Nextel Bluetooth phone on Ebay and use a pre-paid Boost SIM in it. You will then be able to access iDEN's 19.2 kbit/s DPD network for $0 a day.
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 PM.