With little publicity Apple has released new, higher-capacity models of the iPhone and iPod touch. The new iPhone boasts 16GB of storage and is priced at $499.00 (the 8GB model remains at $399.00, so it's $100.00 more), and the new iPod touch has 32GB, also priced at $499.00, again, $100.00 more than the 16GB version. Although the price is still pretty hefty, it indicates that the capacity/price ratio on these flash-based devices is starting to move in the right direction. C'mon SanDisk where are our 32GB SDHC cards and 16GB MicroSDHC cards?? Even once I get a 16GB MicroSDHC card the new iPod touch will still have 14GB(!) more than my N810.

iPod touch: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...ily/ipod_touch

iPhone: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL.../family/iphone

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Yeah, you really shouldn't have bought that N810.

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
How come?

Originally Posted by CyberCat View Post
How come?
It only has one Mini/Micro SD card slot, while the N800 has two full-size SD slots--currently capable of holding 64GB with 2 32gb sdhc cards.

Seeing as how a 16GB SD card is $70 and an 8GB card is $35, this is a huge ****ing rip off.

Originally Posted by drizek View Post
Seeing as how a 16GB SD card is $70 and an 8GB card is $35, this is a huge ****ing rip off.
Yeah I agree, Apple's stuff has always been overpriced (in my opinion). Although I don't think they're using SD cards inside the iPod touch/iPhone a look at their "tech specs" and Wikipedia only confims that it's flash-based, but not the type, so I have no idea how marked up it is.

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
you are so right i fan out and got this n810 and i use my n800 a lot more

So the itouch just got to what my N800 has been (2 x16GB Patriot).

I had high hopes for the next generation of iTouch beyond the obvious increase in capacity. Maybe up the resolution a bit, add stereo bluetooth, maybe incorporate that aftermarket microphone either as an official accessory or just make the damn thing built in.

None of that, just up the capacity for version two? I'm guessing each of my wish-list features will come one revision at a time to keep raking in the dough. So how is Apple not like Micro$oft?

Same goes for the iPhone. Still EDGE instead of the 3G I was expecting. Hell I don't even see real GPS listed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sentinel1705 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sentinel1705 View Post
I'm guessing each of my wish-list features will come one revision at a time to keep raking in the dough. So how is Apple not like Micro$oft?
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. I'd guess we'll probably see at least one of the changes in a new model around August, and then again next January.

Wouldn't want to release the perfect device the first time would you?

Originally Posted by CyberCat View Post
Wouldn't want to release the perfect device the first time would you?
Coming from computer engineering and code in high school, yes.
But I guess that is why I'm not rich huh?