Active Topics

I found this cool app that makes coding no fuzz at all. I know it sounds stupid to buy software, when u can use freeware. Imtoo video converter promisses to code video to variety of formats. I did try it and the quality was superb to my tasting, but the aspect ratio was funny

Now I just need to know wich aspect ratios to use while converting 16:9 and 4:3 to n800. I can live with the black stripes on the screen, but I won't live with cropping. After I have tested the correct setting I will buy Sorry for the trouble, but this video thing has been a true pain in my *** lately.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Mountain View, CA
Jupex,

I'd be very interested in a list of what this video converter does that the Nokia ITVC application doesn't. Would you mind sharing some of that since I am not familiar with the app you're discussing.

Check out the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter

Well firstly it is for macintosh. I am not gonna install windows for media conversion. I do have windows PC in the house, but it is old and slow, so I have to use macbook for the job. Secondly the ITVC is for n800. Ovbiously I have other gizmos such as Sony PSP wich play videos also, so the same tool with different settings does the job just fine.

The demo video I encoded looked superb, but was in wrong aspect ratio.

Blah ... too much hassle I am just gonna forget I even tried this. I bet my psp can handle the job more easily

Last edited by Jupex; 2008-02-08 at 01:56.

Originally Posted by Jupex View Post
Well firstly it is for macintosh.
Mac version coming soon. I promise

Secondly the ITVC is for n800. Ovbiously I have other gizmos such as Sony PSP wich play videos also, so the same tool with different settings does the job just fine.
Oh I see. You were looking for something for devices other than the n800? Sorry, didn't realize that

The demo video I encoded looked superb, but was in wrong aspect ratio.
your application did that or the ITVC did that?

Check out the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter

Well I want to encode videos to variety of formats. PSP for instance, and iPod also. So all in one solution is what I am looking for. Allthou if there is coming something specificly for the n800 wich holds the following: I am willing to wait a bit. Because freeware / opensource is allways wallet friendly solution. So here's what I'm looking for:

- Must do batch encoding
- No cropping at any circumstances
- No change in aspect ratio (black bars in top / side are ok thou)
- Must take full advantage of the improved video coodecs and speed in os2008
- Encodes whatever I hapen to drop in to the software(mostly different formats of DivX and Xvid)
- Must run on osX Leopard
- No wacky menus / fiddling with settings

I must be asking too much.

Also about the video I tried. It must be my settings, because some other coder (ment for n700) made it look ok, but the quality was lower. Ovbiously cause It was ment for n700.

So can anyone point manual settings for both 16:9 and 4:3 videos.

Here's what I need:
- W x H
- Video bitrate
- Audio bitrate

16:9 video should leave black stripes on top & bottom and 4:3 video should leave black bars left and Right. So any pointers would be nice.

Last edited by Jupex; 2008-02-08 at 12:39.

16:9 or 15:9
- 400x240
Video - An Average of ~29fps / mp3/ Data rate ~63kbs
Audio - 98kbs

Originally Posted by Jupex View Post
- Must do batch encoding
- No cropping at any circumstances
- No change in aspect ratio (black bars in top / side are ok thou)
- Must take full advantage of the improved video coodecs and speed in os2008
- Encodes whatever I hapen to drop in to the software(mostly different formats of DivX and Xvid)
- Must run on osX Leopard
- No wacky menus / fiddling with settings
Yep, exactly what the ITVC does. Minus the running on Leopard part. Give us a little bit of time and we'll get there too.

OK I will wait abit