Active Topics

Notices

LCARS 4.1 has been released, with some minor bug fixes and a 3rd color scheme.

http://synthesize.us/LCARS_PADD

Feedback is welcome.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ian_ryge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Missouri, USA
It's weird that I just decided to check this project today and found there was an update. Downloaded it and works great. Like it better than the other two themes. Thanks!

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida (I'm Spaniard)
Just one word... GREAT!!!!!

Thank you.

Very nice. I wished there was a way to create complete themes without setting up Scratchbox. It seems like a lot of work to install and configure for non developers.

Originally Posted by ian_ryge View Post
LCARS 4.1 has been released, with some minor bug fixes and a 3rd color scheme.
As one of the people who asked for a "modern" LCARS theme ala Nemesis, I am very happy to see that the developers thought it was a good idea also. Keep up the great work!

Is there a "quick"way to install the latest version of LCARS? I have the previous version of the theme and wondered if there was a way to upgrade.

Otherwise, I assume I need to unsinstall the entire theme in the correct order (selecting the old default theme first), and then install it all again fresh?

Thanks! (Can't wait to try out the new color scheme!)

Michael

Originally Posted by adcockm View Post
Is there a "quick"way to install the latest version of LCARS? I have the previous version of the theme and wondered if there was a way to upgrade.
Assuming you're on ITOS 2008, you can just run the installer and it should work fine, whether you're upgrading from LCARS 4.0 or installing for the first time. If you're on OS 2006 or 2007, you'll have to get the new OS before you can install the new themes.

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Canada
So far I really like the colours of the new theme!

I just thought I would offer first my thanks for adding some real fun to the device just for fun's sake...thanks so much.

Next I would like to pass along an observation that all of the PADD themes sort-a-kinda foobar the omweather widget thingy. The icons for it show find on the desktop area (or whatever it's called on the tablets) but when you click on a particular day, since the text is black and something in the these changes the background to black, well, you get the picture. Black text on black backgound leads to no info...not sure if there is a work around or not but I do make use of that silly weather widget yet I am compelled to use your PADD themes as they make me smile every day I first use the tablet and all day after that...

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Hi there,

I can only agree with brecklundin, I very much like the new blue theme. Thanks a lot for that. But unfortunately the OMWeather-thing is critical to me. I would also be happy if this could be fixed

Thanks and regards,
Corwin