Active Topics

Notices

Hello, all!

I have now ported two of my emulators, fMSX and Speccy to OS2008. Both ports are specifically adapted for Maemo, they are not straight Unix ports. The touch screen can be used as a joystick (turn on the "Stylus Cues" option to see how it is done). Both ports are in early beta, so give them a try and report any issues you find.

Speccy will run software written for Sinclair ZX Spectrum computers and their clones. It supports multiple Spectrum models and different peripherals. Download it from
http://fms.komkon.org/Speccy/

fMSX will emulate MSX, MSX2, and MSX2+ home computers that have once been popular in Japan, Netherlands, Russia, and Brazil. I have just released the second, updated version of the fMSX-Maemo that features improved controls and visual effects. Download it from
http://fms.komkon.org/fMSX/

More emulator ports are coming, when I have time to finish them.
Attached Files
File Type: deb Speccy16-Maemo-Chinook-bin.deb (341.7 KB, 121 views)
File Type: deb fMSX351-Maemo-Chinook-bin.deb (356.6 KB, 119 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Thanks! It's nice to have those usable on a big screen. I have been using your great fmsx and speccy for the series60 3rd ed phones and they have been greatly coded apps. Way to go ! Thanks

A big thank you, fms! Old times are back again! I used to play games on a TK95 (ZX Spectrum based) and MSX when I was a teen. I even learned the basic language on it. No words to describe my gratefulness.

SMC

Thanks! It has been a long time a tried fMSX on Linux. Now I do not have to try to port openmsx

Works, albeit very slowly

Still .... nice to see Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 on the IT

It'd be great if you could bundle the Arabic roms from the Sakhr machines too and implement XSP doubling to speed up redraws (assuming that's where the speed hits are being incurred.)