Active Topics

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Hafnia
Have some questions that I cannot find the answer for:

1. Is it possible to use the slider so it locks the keys and screen when slider is cloosed, and then unlocking the keys and screen when opening the slider, like on N-series phones (eg. N81, N95)?

2. How can I select language when using the hw keyboard, can't simply find that feature have tried about every key combination?

These is the only thing that bothers me right now, but can't simply find any solutions for it so hope some one can help me. Else the N810 is just a superb product IMO.

For the first question, yes.

to change the language setting for the keyboard, go to the Control panel, then open "Text Input Settings"

Originally Posted by Masterphill99 View Post
For the first question, yes.
Please tell me how to do so?

Originally Posted by superbondbond View Post
to change the language setting for the keyboard, go to the Control panel, then open "Text Input Settings"
Yes I know, but how to switch between the two languages when using the hw keyboard, the on-screen kayboards has this feature, and I switch quite often fron Danish to English, how to do it with the build in hw keyboard, so I can swap between the Danish and English writing help?

CTRL + CHR on the keyboard, I believe. This should totally be the #1 FAQ... 8-)

Martin

i dont believe that you can make it lock when you close it, not sure, but definitly unlocks when you open....

it will unlock and lock if you do not do anything. As soon as you interact it won't relock when you close the slider. Kind of silly but I understand.

The Following User Says Thank You to sherifnix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m_stolle View Post
CTRL + CHR on the keyboard, I believe. This should totally be the #1 FAQ... 8-)

Martin
That only switches between kayboard layout for me, not the writing help languages (the popup help text when you type).

Originally Posted by sherifnix View Post
it will unlock and lock if you do not do anything. As soon as you interact it won't relock when you close the slider. Kind of silly but I understand.
Exactly, would be nice if it was possible to set it to always lock/unlock when slider is closing/opening, no matter if you have used the device...