I have a little issue with my email app on the 770. I believe I have configured it correctly, it connects to my pop and will download email, but the behaviour has been erratic at best. Here are the issues:
1. it will connect and download headers, but not all of them. I have web access to this account and I can see that I have let's say a dozen emails on the server, but when I download them to the email client it never brings down all of them.
2. When I click on an email to view it, (when it actually works) it shows the correct header but displays the body of an email i read three days ago and have deleted.
3. Sometimes when I try to open an email, the 770 will lockup for 10-30 seconds then the email app just closes with no error messages
4. Lets say I successfully downloaded headers, close the app, then relaunch the headers are gone...not in archive folder...they're no where. I know they're still on the server (via my web access) but the app checks and returns nothing from the server.
5. I have never been able to successfully send an email (although my settings are correct for sending), the app just spins indicating "sending"...but nothing ever happens, no email sent, etc.
Basically I have not been able to use this app and for me it kind of limits the 770 (although I could use my Yahoo account as an alternative). Dont get me wrong, I love everything else about it, but non functioning email is just frustrating.
i have the latest firmware version, i am flashed to RD mode, I do use a swap file on my flash card (but this issue existed b4 I configured the swap).
Last edited by gtsmith; 04-07-2006 at 02:55 PM.
Reason: for grammar