Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Chiba, Japan
Are there any good apps you can install and then have an icon to launch them from the home screen? Or, (more specifically), if I have a flash program on my n810, is there a way to make an icon to fast launch it instead of having to open it through the file manager?

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
http://simple-launcher.garage.maemo.org/

The Following User Says Thank You to ghoonk For This Useful Post:
Wow, thanks. I'll have to get that installed asap and try it out, but it looks very promising.

for the home screen, if you like the iPhone interface, then there is iTablet (on garage.maemo.org)

I use simple launcher too, but to each his own... and choice is good.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I'm in love with cmd-navigator

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I like to keep a lot of the home screen clear so I can look at the background picture. But I do have the web shortcut linked to www.mindmeister.com, a cool memory-mapping program, and for the icon to the shortcut I picked one of the pictures that comes with the Nokia. It's a bunch of trees, and when you pick a photo that's way too big for the icon, it simply gives you a large rectangular swath of the picture that I think looks pretty cool. Especially since I'm using a background picture of a forest; the swath of forest againt the background of forest looks nicely thematic.

I got simple launcher up and running and like it a lot. I may try iTablet too, but for now I'm happy.

1 more question: If I have a swf file for a flash program saved, what would you recommend as the best way to make a shortcut for it?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have no idea, except Googling shortcut and swf, as I just did. There seems to be discussion on the subject out there.

Would there be an applet letting me specify the command to run? I'd like to start 'gvm -a addr'.

Raph

Would there be an applet letting me specify the command to run? I'd like to start 'gvm -a addr'.

Raph