Here is an experimental ntfs-3g driver for os2008. You should be able to use your ntfs formatted usb disks/sticks with it. I take no responsibility if it breaks your device, forces you to reflash your tablet or ruins your usb disk. That been said, it shouldn't do any damage and if it messes up something, simply uninstall it and your tablet should be back to normal.

Installation is easy, just install these two packages and connect your usb disk when tablet is in usb host mode. Good luck.

fuse_2.7.3_armel.deb
ntfs-3g_1.2310_armel.deb

Update

Added some other fuse using utils by request.

http://nakkiboso.com/maemofuse/

Last edited by ukki; 2008-03-30 at 08:45. Reason: Added more packages

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
I will test this tonight, Thanks!
-John

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
@ukki: kind of curious about your signiture logo, is that suppose to be a Nissen fundoplication, or a 270 degree wrap? Is what one implies when working with 1) window$ 2) Linux 3) Nokia tablet? that one would be benefitial with an acid reduction surgery?

bun

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
@ukki: kind of curious about your signiture logo, is that suppose to be a Nissen fundoplication, or a 270 degree wrap? Is what one implies when working with 1) window$ 2) Linux 3) Nokia tablet? that one would be benefitial with an acid reduction surgery?

bun
Haha, it's indeed Nissen. Went through a surgery a year ago and friends gave me a nickname solmumaha (something like knot stomach in english) because of it. Hence the avatar.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Your logo is cute, solmumaha.

And sure, I will try the progs tonight and thanks for the progs.

bun

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Thank you, ukki!

I had tried last week, in vain, to get NTFS to work, just using the ntfs.ko kernel module file. This looks like an elegant fix.

Since you have packaged up fuse so nicely for us, do you think you could package sshfs as well? There's a package here that seems to work under OS2008 with the openssh package and your fuse 2.7.3 package, after I installed it manually. Perhaps you could repackage it? I suspect there would be many people who would like it.

Last edited by qole; 2008-03-12 at 21:58.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Thank you, ukki!

I had tried last week, in vain, to get NTFS to work, just using the ntfs.ko kernel module file. This looks like an elegant fix.

Since you have packaged up fuse so nicely for us, do you think you could package sshfs as well? There's a package here that seems to work under OS2008 with the openssh package and your fuse 2.7.3 package, after I installed it manually. Perhaps you could repackage it? I suspect there would be many people who would like it.
I actually have sshfs and avfs packages, but there are no guis for them so you need to mount by hand. Avfs allows you to cd into compressed archives and open files inside them without extracting the archive. You can even run binaries from your memory cards if they are compressed, even if cards are mounted noexec. I'll add them to first post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Ooh, avfs sounds nice ^-^

Thanks

Btw, i wouldn't have guessed, your avatar is a stomach :\

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Ooh, avfs sounds nice ^-^

Thanks

Btw, i wouldn't have guessed, your avatar is a stomach :\
Yes, it sure looks like a certain other body part. I really wonder how bun got it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
Usage:

avfsd -o allow_other mountpoint

With avfsd you can then cd into archives like this: cd archive.tar.gz#/
Just a question about the usage of avfsd: What is the "mountpoint" in this example, and where do you put the archive's name? Could you give an example that involves /home/user/archive.tar.gz please?

PS: I didn't see a body part at all. I assumed your avatar was a little pink guy bending over with his hands clasped in front of him.