Active Topics

From http://gadgetshow.five.tv/jsp/5gsmai...lnk=101&id=792

"The European Commission has given Nokia's chosen TV format the thumbs-up for a mass roll-out.

"Digital Video Broadcasting Mobile (or DVB-H to its friends) is just one of a number of methods for broadcasting live television pictures to a mobile phone, portable media player or other handheld device, but it now seems a dead cert to become the standard across Europe.

"Not that this means a lot to the average mobile phone user - at least not yet. There are virtually no devices able to receive a DVB-H signal around, although the forthcoming Nokia N96 (due on sale August) will come with a built-in tuner, plus the ability to record digital telly straight onto its 16GB flash memory. iRiver's B20 portable media player will also reportedly be getting access to DVB-H as early as September.

"But will there be anything to watch? None of the major broadcasters have revealed much about their plans for mobile TV, so we'll just have to keep our fingers (and toes) tightly crossed."
Anyone know whether my lovely N800 can be used to take advantage of this too??

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
no chance unless you can hook a dvb-h (or is it -m?) tuner to the usb port iirc.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Wow, this news is really old. it was decided a long time ago, this source is very late.

obviously not old news to me.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Fair enough. It's not an attack on you, I'm just surprised at the source mentioning it now. It's why N96, N78 will have DVB-H and nokia are putting out the SU-33W Bluetooth DVB-H module.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...&highlight=DVB

But no Maemo nor Meego support...

Grave Digger !

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: