Notices

Today, when I start Canola2 beta8 I get the error;

"Local drive is out of space.\n Going to exit Canola"

What gives? I've got 2 SD cards with space, I've got space on the internal device... Before, it would give this error, every 2nd launch of Canola2-b8 but today, its all the time. I can not longer start Canola2 Beta8.

What gives?

Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mtdblock4 2048 2048 0 100% /mnt/initfs
none 512 112 400 22% /mnt/initfs/tmp
/dev/mtdblock4 257536 185312 72224 72% /
none 512 112 400 22% /tmp
none 1024 20 1004 2% /dev
tmpfs 1024 0 1024 0% /dev/shm
/dev/mmcblk0p1 1983360 1269536 713824 64% /media/mmc2
/dev/mmcblk1p1 1981140 1451236 529904 73% /media/mmc1

as a followup a complete power off and restart seemed to have fixed the problem. Unsure if its for good. But I must have had a daemon miss behaving in the background.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Rs_nuke :

can you run canola with -vvv option on xterm and send us the log?

Are you using python-laucnher? Do you have any "devel" class repository?

cheers,

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Maybe one of his drives was mounted read-only...

I ran into this problem this morning (w/ beta 8). I have rebooted two or three times now, and although Canola now starts for me, it will not find my music. I ran from X-term with the -vvv option and saw an error that it could not access the music database because it appeared to be locked. I do not have time right now to get all the debug text off my tablet into this post, but I wanted to report the problem.

I will also post what may be an important string of events that lead up to this. Last night I fell asleep listening to Groove Salad with Canola. Rather than close Canola, I simply paused the stream playback and set my N800 on my nightstand. I figured it too would fall asleep. This morning when I tried to wake it up, rather than coming out of its sleep state it booted completely from scratch. I don't know how or why it shut down completely--I have seen this a few times before. Perhaps a program (Canola/not Canola?) was preventing the tablet from auto-sleeping and the battery ran all the way down. I am thinking that Canola left some critical file(s) locked because there was not a graceful shutdown.

Will try to get debug messages into this thread. The lock error seems reproducible. But I am very busy today so please excuse the delay. I was sad that I couldn't listen to music with Canola on my ride into work this morning, if that tells you how much I like Canola!

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Tuco, this was a great track to follow. It indeed can be something like that : / we will try as hard as possible to reproduce it and solve it!

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Same problem here... only powering down doesn't help.

I've run Canola Cleanup and re-installed... it works until I re-download a theme or Canola Tuning and it I only get as far as the "local drive out of disk space" error.

As far as I can tell this started on it's own... I had not done any updates, I had space available, I hadn't installed anything, and I WAS running an old version of OS2008. Updating the OS didn't help, obviously.

Too bad... Canola had been pretty stable. Now it seems impossible to clean out the problem even with Cleanup and re-install.

-P.

Ok... possible source of my problem:

When I ran Canola Cleanup and re-installed I did NOT remove the 'downloads' folder on my external memory. As a result when Canola started it saw an existing folder structure - could not create a new folder (one with that name already existed) - and, perhaps, 'assumed' the disk was full.

Having now done a re-install of Canola after removing the 'downloads' folder tree I find that Canola seems happy.

Other steps I took were:
- install optional theme and Canola tuning BEFORE adding any podcast subscriptions or downloading podcasts. I did this on the suspicion that Canola might get confused if the setup changed after some of the configuration and downloads were done.

Yes, it's superstition, but that's how I run my MS Windows machine and I find it helps to stick to sequences that the developer(s) might have tried while assuming that no real-life UAT was done. ... after all, Canola should be able to figure out that the disk isn't full just because it cannot create a new directory when the correct directory already exists, right? ;-)

Hi Ho!
-P.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Madison, AL, USA
Yuh, hi there. Me too.

Running beta 11, and it was working great for several weeks. Just started throwing this error a couple days ago. I made sure I had space, rebooted, reseated cards, deleted the Downloads folder, ran -vvv, but it all came back the same.

The only pertinent stuff I saw in the debug output was the following:

Code:
1241021339.0747 INFO  plugin_manager:155:_load_plugins() loaded plugin 'Multitask Model' with filters ['Model/Multitask']
1241021339.0845 DEBUG manager:114:get_classes() looking for classes with filter 'AutoStart'
1241021339.0889 DBG_W plugin_manager:166:load() no plugin implements filter 'AutoStart'
1241021339.0980 INFO  controller:497:_load_autostart_plugins() no autostart plugins, continuing ...
1241021340.1442 DEBUG controller:132:get_controller_for_model() looking for controller for model with filter 'Model/Notify/Error/Fatal' ...
1241021340.1487 DEBUG controller:110:get_controller_class_for_model_type() looking for controller class with filter 'Controller/Notify/Error/Fatal' ...
1241021340.1531 DEBUG manager:156:get_class() looking for first class with filter 'Controller/Notify/Error/Fatal'
but it remains meaningless to me...

Haven't tried uninstalling yet. I guess that's next...?

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Madison, AL, USA
Uninstall, reboot, reinstall: same error.

Code:
rm -r .canola
and it started up. Now I've probably blown it for any chance of debugging it, huh?