Active Topics

Does anyone use a Centon USB DataStick (32 or 64 Gb) with their N810 in OTG mode but without external power. The 32Gb can be bought for less than $100 on ebay. The 64 is a bit pricey!!!

This seems like a great way to add storage without much bulk - it's supposedly credit czrd sized. Anyone know the exact dimensions? The Centon site just gives zeros for size. Maybe it can be attached on the back of the tablet and still fit in the case. A very short USB to micro usb cable could loop around to connect. Slick!

see pic here
http://www.buy.com/prod/centon-64gb-...206830134.html

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
No, Im not using it, I didnt even know such a thing existed. But I am interested in this concept. I use an N800.

Attaching it to the back of the tablet sounds like a great idea.

A bit pricey? Yeah I'd say so.

Of course it seems as though they are marketing this product towards the college student, making statements that you could put it in your wallet, fitting your lifestyle etc etc...but I could foresee someone sitting down when the wallet isnt seated correctly and damaging this product. My credit cards in my wallet have creases and breaks in the plastic..albeit the Centon is aluminum but without size specs, who knows.

Originally Posted by mooler View Post
...I could foresee someone sitting down when the wallet isnt seated correctly and damaging this product. My credit cards in my wallet have creases and breaks in the plastic..albeit the Centon is aluminum but without size specs, who knows.
I certainly wouldn't put in a back pocket (and sit down ) but on the back of the tablet perhaps with Velcro?

I'd really like to know how thick it is and if it works w/o any additional power with the IT's.