Hi all.

Can anyone tell me why mp4 videos taken with my N93i play only with sound and 1 still frame every 6 or 7 seconds? It's an N800 running OS2008 with 2x 2gig memory cards.

I love the N800 but this niggle is frustrating!

Thanks

Jude

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
as a guess, since I don't have an N93i: the framerate and/or compression settings for video on that device, by default, are incompatible with the settings on whichever video playback software you're using on your N800.

I have a N82 (my best phone ever) and the same problem. I found that by reducing the quality of the recording the problem is solved. I had to take it down 2 levels, to email high quality mp4. The result still looks pretty descent on the N810. Obviously not the ideal solution though... I dont want to record in low qualiity, and so converting for playback on the tablet is probably the better solution.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Out of interest, can you provide the stats (video codec, framerate and bitrate, and audio codec and bitrate) on the different quality levels?

You could try playing the problematic files with a command like "mplayer -lavdopts fast=1:lowres=1,400 video.mp4". That'll be quick and dirty decoding, but it's better than the alternative.