Posts: 37 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Denver, CO
Okay, I have a minor, but annoying issue on my N800 (OS 2008).

When I go into my "Media player" I see two mp4 files that used to be stored on a card I had installed in the Internal Memory Card. The files are no longer on that card (or any other), but they still show up in my "Library -> Video" list within Media player. When I try to delete them from within the Media player it tells me, "Unable to delete some items."

I've tried taking out my cards and the files still show up, so it has to be something in the Nokia's built-in memory. I can't find them in File Manager even when I use the Search function.

This may be an issue of doing the backup/restore when I upgraded from OS2007 to OS2008.

Any ideas of how to delete these files that don't seem to actually exist? Like I said, it's pretty minor, but it's been bugging me for a while now.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
I have had this problem before I moved some music from 1 card to a new larger one using the tablet. After a while a week I think the extras went away. I think the problem comes from how the media list is updated, new things show up fast but files have to be gone a while before they are removed. If you knew where the media library DB file was (I don't) you could rename it and see if that would do it.

Thanks for responding, Eric. I'm not sure if it's a problem of longevity, but maybe it will eventually be fixed just through waiting. I kind of doubt it, though.

I think you might be on to something, regarding deleting the DB file. I might have a look at doing just that in USB mode. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
I have the exact same issue and can't solve it (yet). Has anyone a suggestion??

In my case it started after the recent SSU update, which went well, but now MediaPlayer constantly spins unendingly trying to update the library. There's a film in mediaplayers library that's no longer on the card, but I am buggered if I can delete it from the library, and that's what is causing the constant searching (I think).
I have disabled metalayer-crawler a long time ago, btw.
An iPod Touch 4th gen rides in my pocket too.

The only solution I found, Deluxe, was flashing the system and then *not* restoring my backup. It sounds like you're having much more complicated issues than I was, though.

metalayer-crawler indexes media files from cards and media player shows you the index. You have to enable metalayer-crawler so that it can update the index.

edit: read the messages a little bit close and you probably already had done this..

Last edited by mikkov; 2008-10-02 at 23:43.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
does anyone know of a way to refresh the library in the built in media player while having metalayer-crawler disabled?

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
Well, i nx-term I ran this:
rm .meta_storage
so now I have a clear library in mediaplayer. I have metalayer-crawler disabled though, so I still get the message "refreshing library" (or similar) every startup. This message is easy to banish, just tap on it, but there seems to be no way the library will ever refresh.

Does anyone know how to either:
1....re-enable metalayer-crawler.
or...2....get mediaplayer library to refresh without re-enabling metalayer-crawler (but then I guess there will always be issues after additions or deletions of media as the crawler won't be running, thus no updating).

Many thanks.
An iPod Touch 4th gen rides in my pocket too.

Last edited by deluxe; 2008-10-03 at 15:19.

See this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=26551

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I installed the fixed version of metalayer-crawler but it caused worse issues down the line. I reflashed my tablet and everything is back to just working and rescanning again without an issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post: